I have a dilemna. I just bought the envelopes for my boarding pass invitations. I was originally going to have my RSVPs to look like a 2nd boarding pass. However, when I went to buy the envelopes today for the invitations, I found out that they only have 1 size of open end envelopes (the next one bigger is catalogue size, which would be too big). It's big enough to fit my invitation and RSVP but not big enough to fit a 2nd envelope to use for the RSVP. My only option would be to fold the RSVP envelope but I really don't want to do that. I'm afraid it will look tacky. Does anybody have any other ideas as to how I can have my guests send the RSVPs back to me?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VIP Member

How thick of cardstock did you use? And idea would be to preferate the STD so that they can rip off the "boarding pass stub" and then affix a stamp to it! It'd be a post card! And it'll cost you less in postage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
How thick of cardstock did you use? And idea would be to preferate the STD so that they can rip off the "boarding pass stub" and then affix a stamp to it! It'd be a post card! And it'll cost you less in postage!
I bought 80lb cover stock. Would the "stub" be too small to put in the mail? My friend who is about to get married used really small RSVP cards for her invitations and when I went to send the RSVP back to her, the post office wouldn't take it because of the size! They said I could either put an extra postage (I guess that's what you do if it doesn't meet the required size), or put it in a normal sized envelope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I made mine as a post card. Just make sure you use heavy cardstockClick the image to open in full size.
Those look awesome! Did you have to check with the post office to make sure the dimensions were okay to mail? Did the RSVP's come back to you okay? I'd hate to receive them all ripped up. How much postage did you use for each RSVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_texas09 View Post
Those look awesome! Did you have to check with the post office to make sure the dimensions were okay to mail? Did the RSVP's come back to you okay? I'd hate to receive them all ripped up. How much postage did you use for each RSVP?
We didnâ€t have issues with the size. I took them to the post office and they said that they were about the same dimensions as a letter sized envelopes, so I just needed to pay for the standard letter postage.

However, some of our guests misunderstood. If you note on the left side it says “staple here†which wasnâ€t meant literally. Some of our guests mailed them back folded in half and stapled. there was one which had a note from the post office stating that the dimensions were too small and another guest had theirs returned.

They come back a little scuffed up but not torn at all. I love getting them in the mail.

Oh, by the way. I mailed them all (2 passes, pocket) in a standard letter sized envelope.

• VIP Member

Oh, I meant the "stub" would be their receipt. You could even attach a magnet on the back of that so it'd be a reminder on their fridge. They'd send back the larger part. here are the post office's post card size requirements.

Dimension Minimum Maximum

Height 3-1/2 inches 4-1/4 inches

Length 5 inches 6 inches

Thickness 0.007 inch 0.016 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
We didnâ€t have issues with the size. I took them to the post office and they said that they were about the same dimensions as a letter sized envelopes, so I just needed to pay for the standard letter postage.

However, some of our guests misunderstood. If you note on the left side it says “staple here†which wasnâ€t meant literally. Some of our guests mailed them back folded in half and stapled. there was one which had a note from the post office stating that the dimensions were too small and another guest had theirs returned.

They come back a little scuffed up but not torn at all. I love getting them in the mail.

Oh, by the way. I mailed them all (2 passes, pocket) in a standard letter sized envelope.
Awesome! Thanks, Amy! After hearing your story, maybe I'll remove the "Staple Here" on the RSVP pass....I can see some of my guests stapling them also. Thanks for the tip!

Cat

• 2 weeks later...