To all previous OOT bag givers...

Hello Newlyweds! I have a few questions for those of you who gave OOT bags...

1) Was there any item that you wish you had included in your OOT bags?

2) Was there anything you included that could have been nixed, or your guests didn't use very often?

3) Was there any certain items that your guests really used a lot, or really loved?

I'm just curious because I love some items that I'm including, but every once in a while I wonder if the guests will actually use it or if it's just a waste of money.

Sarah, you included Spanish dictionaries, right? Did your guests use them often? I LOVE that idea, but it'll be a lot of extra weight/money and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it!

(And yes, I know I'm way ahead of the game! lol)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
Hello Newlyweds! I have a few questions for those of you who gave OOT bags...

2) Was there anything you included that could have been nixed, or your guests didn't use very often?
3) Was there any certain items that your guests really used a lot, or really loved?

I'm just curious because I love some items that I'm including, but every once in a while I wonder if the guests will actually use it or if it's just a waste of money.

Sarah, you included Spanish dictionaries, right? Did your guests use them often? I LOVE that idea, but it'll be a lot of extra weight/money and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it!

(And yes, I know I'm way ahead of the game! lol)

1.The only thing we wished we had put in the bags but didn't was Pepto Bismol. We meant to buy the tabs but forgot. We did actually have someone call and ask if we had any. We had just about everything else though...

2. The custom koozies were expensive and took up alot of space and NO ONE used them at Dreams. They were still a cool idea and our guests said they'd definitely use them later, but if you're on a budget and trying to eliminate something at an AI you're just not going to use them much. At least, my guests didn't - most of them were drinking mixed drinks and wine, not beer. If you have more beer drinkers than we did it would be more useful.

3. Our guests all used the bags and raved about the cute monogram. We saw them every day at the pool. The ladies all used their pashminas and loved them (thanks Glenda!). The tylenol and immodium tabs got used. People loved the snacks we stopped and picked up at the Mega store- chips, chocolates, and candy. Most people at their snacks the day they got there.

We also got the little first aid kits at the dollar store. Surprisingly, almost everyone used theirs and commented on how handy they were.

I did include a Spanish/English dictionary, but only because I happened to run across them at the dollar store. People did say they looked at them, and I think they were impressive in the bags, but they're totally not a necessity. I think people liked the Spanish Words and phrases and the cute paper I printed it on just as well. The pics in the background of the paper were taken by Jeff and we told everyone that so they were impressed. I think it depends on how many you will need- if you need more than 15 or so, I don't think the extra weight is worth it. I can't remember how many guests you are expecting...

I really can't think of much that I would change about my OOT bags. My guests loved them and were so surprised and thanked us many times for all the fun stuff. I had a bunch of junk from Oriental Trading company that I didn't think people would use, but I saw people using the pens, notepads, and beach safes despite my worries.

Here are some pics of the bags all put together...

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Awesome Sarah - thanks! Glenda picked up the pashminas for you, right? Where did she get them? How much did you pay for them? Did you get your first aid kits in your home town, or in Cabo? Did you have the bags set up in the rooms upon your guest's arrival, or did you hand them out as people arrived?

Thanks for all the info, Sarah!!! By the way, Congrats on your wedding!!!! The pix are great, and you looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!

A few other questions: Where did you get your bags, and how much? Did you just print-out and iron-on your logo? Did you give 1 bag per couple/room?

Thanks so much!

Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
Awesome Sarah - thanks! Glenda picked up the pashminas for you, right? Where did she get them? How much did you pay for them? Did you get your first aid kits in your home town, or in Cabo? Did you have the bags set up in the rooms upon your guest's arrival, or did you hand them out as people arrived?
Yes, Glenda picked them up in NYC. I can't remember exactly how much she got them for, but I want to say it was around $4 each- it just depended on what she could bargain with the street vendors for. I got the first aid kits at the Dollar Tree at home. I made the gift bags up the day we got there, and took them to the front desk each morning for the guests that were arriving that day. I put an envelope on the top with a welcome letter that greeted the guests, but also lessened the confusion for the hotel staff. The front desk girls were great, and every morning took my bags and wrote notes to themselves and handed them out to each guest as they checked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym567 View Post
Thanks for all the info, Sarah!!! By the way, Congrats on your wedding!!!! The pix are great, and you looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!

A few other questions: Where did you get your bags, and how much? Did you just print-out and iron-on your logo? Did you give 1 bag per couple/room?

Thanks so much!
Amy

Thanks Amy! I bought my bags at Hobby Lobby using their 40% off coupon for a total of $1.20 esch. I printed out and ironed on my logo and gave one bag per room- some couples, one family, and one single person- each room got one.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head...we had little bags full of sunscreen, bug repellent, immodium, lipchap and advil, our welcome letters, a fun crossword (i made it into a contest), pens, my travel pamphlet thingy, a list of basic spanish phrases (it was funny to listen to everyone try to work these into a conversation), luggage tags and shot glasses full of tequila filled candies...I'm sure there was more but so braindead right now!

Oh...maybe more immodium LOL a few people came to us asking if we had any more and we didn't!

I don't think so here either...although personally I wasn't 100% happy with the shot glasses, but didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter because of what I'd originally planned to use not being shipped.

Lipchap! I saw EVERYONE using it and the luggage tags were helpful too (especially for figuring out which bags were yours at the airport)...I've seen a few people still using them on their gym bags and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicomelissa View Post

I can't think of anything off the top of my head...we had little bags full of sunscreen, bug repellent, immodium, lipchap and advil, our welcome letters, a fun crossword (i made it into a contest), pens, my travel pamphlet thingy, a list of basic spanish phrases (it was funny to listen to everyone try to work these into a conversation), luggage tags and shot glasses full of tequila filled candies...I'm sure there was more but so braindead right now!
Oh...maybe more immodium LOL a few people came to us asking if we had any more and we didn't!

I don't think so here either...although personally I wasn't 100% happy with the shot glasses, but didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter because of what I'd originally planned to use not being shipped.

Lipchap! I saw EVERYONE using it and the luggage tags were helpful too (especially for figuring out which bags were yours at the airport)...I've seen a few people still using them on their gym bags and stuff
Oh I almost forgot...just about everyone loved the bags themselves. They worked great for throwing their stuff in to bring down to the pool.

Ooh- you're right Melissa...I forgot about the chapstick. I did see every single person use theirs. And the luggage tags were sent in our welcome letter a week before the wedding- I saw everyone using those too.