AHR Invitation Wording

Okay I read every post in this thread and I have only found a few invitation wording samples. So I thought it might be helpful for me and others if everyone could post how they worded their invites or how they plan to do so.

Right now my plans is to have these mailed (from someone in the states) the day after we are married in Mexico. Guests should receive them about 1 month before the AHR. Our save the dates also had the AHR on it, so most people already have the date set aside.

I bought invitations at Michaels and plan to print them this weekend so I can mark that off my to-do list! But I need to figure out the wording! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was curious what other used for wording as well.

My invitations are going to look a little formal but I didn't want a formal reception so I am going to find some fun wording for it.

I found these two that I am considering:

They got their feet wet and played in the sand

And oh yes, they joined their hands!

Jason and Patty were wed October 1 on St. Vincent Island.

In celebration of their marriage

On November 22 at noon

Please attend a backyard barbeque at

Hostâ€s Home, Hostess Way, Indiana

or

You donâ€t need a ticket

or an advance reservation,

just make waves

to our wedding celebration.

BRIDE

and

GROOM

will be married on

DATE

Please join them for a reception

when they return

DATE at TIME

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspattemac View Post
I was curious what other used for wording as well.
My invitations are going to look a little formal but I didn't want a formal reception so I am going to find some fun wording for it.
I found these two that I am considering:

They got their feet wet and played in the sand
And oh yes, they joined their hands!
Jason and Patty were wed October 1 on St. Vincent Island.

In celebration of their marriage
On November 22 at noon
Please attend a backyard barbeque at
Hostâ€s Home, Hostess Way, Indiana

or

You donâ€t need a ticket
or an advance reservation,
just make waves
to our wedding celebration.

BRIDE
and
GROOM
will be married on
DATE
when they return
DATE at TIME
CITY, STATE
so cute gonna steal that!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

Well my fiancé actually surprised the heck out of me and came up with one on his own.

This is from memory so it might be off a little.

Now they are back from their fun in the sun

and promised forever their lives as one

John and Jane Doe would like to invite you …..

or

Now they are back from their fun in the sun

and promised forever united as one

Jane and John Doe are happy to announce their marriage that took place in a private ceremony on June 8, 2009 in Aruba. Please join them for a reception to celebrate their union Saturday August 8, 2009 etc etc

or Mr. & Mrs. Smith have the honour of anouncing the marriage of their daughter Jane Marie to John David on Sat, etc etc, The couple was joined in marriage in a private ceremony in ?. Please join them for a wedding celebration on Staurday etc etc

or a catchy one -- We slipped a ring on each other's finger and made a promise for life. Join as we celebrate now that we are husband and wife.

You get the idea -- kinda long but maybe you can piece some together

Sue

• Like 1