Mel&B's Playa Fiesta Beachclub & Hotel Wedding Review & Pics

Playa Fiesta Beachclub & Hotel Wedding Review

Our wedding was on May 1, 2009, and it was a truly perfect wedding and magical day. Playa Fiesta is a beautiful hotel in Puerto Vallarta, and the owners are Adam and Lindsay Burgess. Adam runs the hotel and Lindsay plans the weddings. The have an amazing partnership and work together to ensure that you and your guests will feel like kings and queen for the duration of your stay.

Click the image to open in full size.

Lindsay Burgess A+: Iâ€m starting out with Lindsay because she was the key to our perfect wedding. From the start, Lindsay was available to answer every question. She is one of the most organized and detail oriented people Iâ€ve ever met. About 6 months from our big day, we started receiving the checklists that would help us to plan our wedding. Every detail was accounted for, and Lindsay knew the answers to our questions even before we asked them. She was always sweet and patient and made me feel like planning my wedding was the only thing she had to do (yeah, right!). I donâ€t know what time she gets up on the wedding day, but by the time I made it down for breakfast, the preparations were well under way. Lindsay runs around all day to make sure that the bride doesnâ€t have to worry about a thing. All I had to do was get my hair and makeup done. During all of this craziness, Lindsay is so gracious. She can tell people to get their butts in gear without being aggressive. She made sure Bryan and I were fed after our group shots were over, and this was something we both appreciated! Lindsay had the entire evening under control and made sure everything went off just as planned. She is the master ringleader, and we just canâ€t thank her enough!

Iâ€d also like to give a shout out to Montce, Lindsayâ€s assistant. She was very helpful and sweet, and I know she works extremely hard. smile03.gif She did a great job!

Food A+: We love to eat, so the food was very important to us! We had several meals at PF. We had the Fajita Fiesta for the Welcome Dinner and the Mexican BBQ for the Rehearsal Dinner. Both of these buffets were excellent. The Breakfast Buffet each morning was also delicious. Eggs are made to order, the fruit is very fresh and tasty, and there is more yummy food than you can even imagine. Bottom line, itâ€s all scrumptious. We also had the fried ice cream one night, and everyone loved it! I think itâ€s important to get dessert one night. Everyone appreciated the sweet treat. Our wedding meal was the Vallarta Buffet. It was also really good, but to be honest, I donâ€t remember the food on that night as well as the other nights. Oh, but I do remember the appetizers very well because Lindsay saved us a plate (as I mentioned earlier). The tuna tar tar is out of this world!!! The sliders are also yummy. Our guests also loved the sangria. I was very impressed with the food all week!

Wedding Cake A+: We did our cake testing on Monday. Lindsay brought us several different kinds of cake, fillings, and fruit to try. We picked chocolate cake, chocolate icing, and raspberries for the bottom layer and vanilla, cool whip icing, and strawberries for the top layer. The cake was the best wedding cake Iâ€ve ever tasted (of course I am biased). Most brides say they donâ€t eat cake on their wedding night. I ate at least 3 pieces!

Music A+: DJ Aldo totally rocked it out. We gave him very little guidance, but we danced all night, so I know the music was awesome. He has all of the newest music, so no worries there. I was so happy with DJ Aldo.

We had a mariachi band play for our ceremony. I think I was too excited to listen to them, but I did love having them there. I thought it was a really nice touch.

Hair & Makeup A: I was really nervous about making sure my hair and makeup were perfect. I got my makeup done at Laura Mercier and MAC in the weeks before my wedding. I brought the makeup from these at-home trials with me. I also brought pictures of how I wanted my makeup and hair to look. I think the preparation really paid off because Cristi, the hair and makeup artist, really understood the look I was going for. She executed my ideas perfectly. She used a little bit of my makeup and a lot of her own. Her English is kind of like my Spanish (not great!), so the visuals I brought were definitely necessary. I ended up being very, very pleased with her work, and I felt beautiful! Her assistant did my sisterâ€s hair, and it was also beautiful. The one thing I want to stress again is bring pictures of exactly what you want. They can copy any hairstyle perfectly, but I wouldnâ€t come with only ideas in your head unless you speak Spanish very well.

Fireworks A+: The fireworks were so much fun! They really capped the night of perfectly and excited our guests. Everyone was really impressed. Hint; get fireworks package #2.

Flowers A: The only flowers I had were my bouquet, my sisterâ€s bouquet and the bouts for the guys. We had ivory roses with green mums. They were lovely and exactly as I pictured they would be. I brought a flower wrap crocheted by my grandma, and the florist did a great job incorporating into my bouquet. Lindsay warned me that mums make for a thick bouquet. If you are concerned about that, I wouldnâ€t get mums, but I had no problem with it. I didnâ€t have a lot of money left in my budget for flowers, and Iâ€m so glad I didnâ€t splurge on them anyways. They were the last thing on my mind the day of. Playa Fiesta is so beautiful. If you canâ€t afford a few thousand dollars for flowers, I wouldnâ€t even worry about it. If you love flowers and they are “your thing,†then I know Lindsay and her florist will do a beautiful job with your flowers.

Ceremony Site A+: The ceremony is held on the sundeck, and pictures really donâ€t do it justice. Itâ€s really breathtaking.

Texas Holdâ€Em with Adam A+: We chose Texas Holdâ€Em with Adam as our entertainment (D&E package #1). I didnâ€t know what to expect, but it was really a blast. Adam is a great teacher. It was also another way for our guests to get to know one another. Iâ€m so happy that we chose this option.

Drummers & Fire Juggler A+: After our first group dinner (Tuesday night), we had a special performance by drummers and a fire juggler. The performance was first rate and so much fun. It set the mood for the rest of the weekâ€s festivities, and I know our group really enjoyed it. It was a great surprise for our guests! Also, the performance goes on and on, so you absolutely get your moneyâ€s worth. I am so happy we decided to treat our guests to this show.

Staff A+: I feel funny using the word “staff†because everyone at Playa Fiesta is like a big family. Charlie, one of the bartenders, told me that everyone works so hard because they are inspired by Adam & Lindsayâ€s hard work and motivation. The employees respect the owners and vice versa. Aldo, Charlie, Ramon, Pato, Carlos, Celso… these guys are all so awesome! They remember your name, keep you entertained, and just generally make you feel good (Iâ€m sure the drinks help!). Our guests were blown away by all of the PF employees.

Jefe A+: Jefe is the dog. I couldnâ€t leave him out of the review! He guards the hotel with a lot of tenacity, but heâ€s never to busy for a game of fetch. Heâ€s a very sweet little guy, and our guests loved him.

If you are still trying to decide where to get married, get married at Playa Fiesta!!! I donâ€t think the amount of personal attention received can be equaled anywhere else. We had the best week of our lives, and I know our guests appreciated our decision to have our wedding at Playa Fiesta. They would have traveled anywhere for us, but they ended up loving PF so much that they were sad to leave. We will be definitely go back as soon as we can!

P.S. Puerto Vallarta is a lovely town. There is so much to do and a lot of history. I look forward to exploring this beautiful city more extensively on our anniversary trip.

Here's a link to more of my pics by Evrim Icoz.

Melissa and Bryanâ€s Wedding at Playa Fiesta Beach Club at Puerto Vallarta at Evrim Icoz Photography - Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington and Destination Wedding and Portrait Photographer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic