HELP!!! Sand Ceremony reading??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what we're using. I "borrowed" it from another bride here, who I'm so sorry can't remember. I loved the fact it didn't have the wording that seemed like you where loosing yourself as a person. I have no idea where she found it, or if she wrote it, but even the FI loved it, and he's a hard one to please!!

As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.

You have just sealed your relationship by giving and receiving of rings. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these two are blended together they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity.

Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

Kathleen and Pawel, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

Hi all,

Just a quick question for those who are have done a sand ceremony. May sound like a silly question, but after the legal part of the ceremony by the judge, do you just go right in to the sand ceremony. Or does it take place before? Just trying to figure out how to incorpoate it into the ceremony. Thank you!

Hello, just wanted to say i found the most perfect sand cermony vows and wanted to share them with everyone!!!!

The House Made of Heart Blended Family Sand Ceremony

Today (Bride) and (Groom) are joined in their vows by their children, for they too wish to express the love and commitment they have given and received and will continue to feel as a part of this family.

In this ceremony, you are sharing in the celebration of the happiness that is present in your family, and you are affirming your roles in that most fundamental of all human relationships … marriage and the family.

May the joy and excitement of today and the warmth and loving of your home also serve as a model for you of what you will seek to find when it is your time to enter into marriage and to create your own family.

Love is a very magical gift from God. It is a gift that lights us up inside. When a man and woman join their hearts together a single brighter light goes forth from their united being.

When a family is formed as an extension of the union, the light is intensified by the light that flows from the children as well. The happiness you feel in being a family together is a reflection of this.

Page 2

Each child brings their own special light and gift onto this union. What is joined here today is unique unto itself as this is a unique design and blending can never again be duplicated.

To symbolize this unique blending of family that we will witness today, each individual will add their sand to the family vessel. As the sand is being pored into the family vessel we will see each of the unique designs that are created. They will be one of a kind and as special and unique as each individual is to their place within the family.

Officiant addresses the Bride … please step forth and poor your sand first, as you are the family’s heart and the foundation.

This is your foundation, built of nurturing and wellbeing for the family. Gently, guiding, inspiring, soothing and comforting. You guard and tend the hearts and emotions of your beloved family. You keep the hearth fires burning in all seasons come what may. You are ever present and steadfast in subtle yet dynamic ways, offering great and enduring strength and loving wisdom to each family member that carries on for a life time.

Officiant addresses Child 1.

You are the eldest. As the eldest, you are often the leader, providing a watchful eye and examples for the others to follow. Your gifts to this family are the qualities of steadfast inspiration, independence, determination and self reliance. You provide an admirable model to this family as a shining example as to what it takes to achieve personal goals. These are key qualities to obtaining success in all aspects of life. Please poor your sand into the family vessel to represent your many gifts and light within this family. We learn from your examples and the honor your gifts.

Page 3

Officiant addresses Child 2,

Please come forward. You are the adventurous one. It is through your eyes and experiences that you remind us of the wonders and joys of

Truly living and loving life. You also remind us of the great importance and responsibilities of being a good steward and care taker of our fellow creatures … the animals. You are their voice and their protector. From the light you posses, all in this world will benefit from it. Please add your sand into the family vessel. We honor and cherish your gifts in our family as will the world.

Officiant addresses Child 3,

You are next. Your gifts of passion, determination and great compassion are beautiful and awe inspiring. You hold up to us by your example what kind of heart and steadfast will it takes to make a difference in this world. You are capable of so many great things … not just for yourself, but for the benefit and wellbeing of all in this world. Please poor your sand into the family vessel.

We support you and thank you for adding your divine light and gifts to our family and this world.

Officiant addresses Child 4,

Please step forward. You bring the gifts of joy, excitement and wonderment to this family. By your exuberant spirit and gentle wisdom, you teach us the great value of a deeper insight and grace. You posses the ability to see through the eyes of others and with your gift of inner sight and balance you find and offer solutions. This is a most precious gift brought forth by the deep spirit that you are. Add your sand to the family vessel. Your gifts of wisdom, insight and joyful balance are greatly prized, embraced and appreciated by us all in our family and also the world.

Page 4

Officiant addresses Child 5,

Please come forward. You are the one that shows us the great value of driven creativity and quick mind coupled with a brave and determined heart. You show the ability to lead and teach others, to care for our world and all the magnificent creatures that share it with us. You do what is right and needed. As someday soon you will take your place in this world to make a real difference and a better life for us all. Please poor your sand into the family vessel. Your gift of activism, passion and leadership abilities that are greatly honored and supported within this family and the world.

Officiant addresses Child 6,

Now come add your sand. Your gifts are voice, passion and focus. You seek to address the needs of civil progression and thinking outside of the box. Embracing new thought and innovation. You posses the determination and will to bring forth change in this world. You seek out and take up causes close to your heart, as you have a keen mind for debate and the courage enough to speak out. Applied with wisdom and insight, your talent may very well lead you to a platform of real opportunities of creation and the power to intercede on behalf of those without the ability or opportunity to voice their own needs. Your abilities to voice with innovation, to teach and to lead others by your example, will cast light on the path to human enrichment and awareness. Your gifts are of all possibilities and nobility. Now pour your sand into the family vessel. We are inspired … called to awareness and action by your noble gifts, as will be the world.

Officiant addresses Child 7,

Please step forward. You are strong, athletic, witty and playful. You understand the importance and the deeper meaning of leadership. You understand that in order to lead others, you must first begin by being a team player. You are also a skilled motivator … by your wit, humor and ability to form true fellowships with your teammates. You have the natural instincts and inner wisdom to know how to be a truly strong leader by the ability to lead from within. By this, you create and forge strong alliances that will enable you to achieve and realize your dreams and aspirations in the future … for you also have deeper thoughts and goals for the betterment of all man kind and the world as a whole. Please poor your sand … your gifts and light in this family are treasured and admired and will benefit this world.

Officiant addresses the Groom:

And now (Groom),

You are the last to poor your sand, for you are the shield, the protector, the keeper and the defender of your beloved family from the outside world. Neither folly nor harm may come to your family least it passes first through you.

But a man draws his strength from the love of his wife and children. And by all rights … I say to you … as today we have taken such inventory as to the makings of your family … there be not a man nor circumstance that can hope to stand against you. You now hold an infinite strength and a blessed of good fortune by the love and the gifts of your fine family.

(Groom), you now seal the family vessel with your sand, symbolizing the families’ blending and unity, with love, joy, wisdom, pride, protection and blessings for each of you and for all the days of your lives.

You are truly a fortunate man.

From this moment forward you are all now a family.

Nurture and respect each other always. Honor the gifts that each of you posses and share your gifts with each other freely and with sincerity. By doing so, each of you will become greater, wiser, kinder and stronger. Help each other and protect each other, listen to each other and teach each other through love, understanding and consideration.

For these are the greatest of all gifts … a loving and united family.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattie View Post
This is what we're using. I "borrowed" it from another bride here, who I'm so sorry can't remember. I loved the fact it didn't have the wording that seemed like you where loosing yourself as a person. I have no idea where she found it, or if she wrote it, but even the FI loved it, and he's a hard one to please!!

As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.
You have just sealed your relationship by giving and receiving of rings. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.
To symbolize this union and the importance of the individuals within the marriage, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without need of anything else. However when these two are blended together they create and entirely new and extraordinarily more intricate entity.
Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination. Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

Kathleen and Pawel, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual container, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

That is awesome! Thank you so much. I have been searching all over the internet for a sand ceremony message that "does not loose the individual"
Love it!