Playa del Carmen NightLife ?

All right, so I'm looking for a cool club to end the night right !!

Of course the first that comes in mind is the Blue Parrot, but I've read horrible reviews on trip advisor... knowing tripadvisor... I'd rather ask you girls, for those who know Playa, did you go there ? What did you think ?

I also heard about the Bali - they have private areas that can be reserved an open bar for 35$ which I think is cool - but I would have preferred something on the beach... same question, do you know it, what do you think ?

Any advise is welcome ! I'm looking preferrably to a place where I can reserve an area - or several tables - and if possible on the beach... Thanks for your help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaWeddings View Post
I would recommend Zensi for something chic, or Fusion for something more casual/rustic. Both are on the beach on 8th and 4th I believe.
Thanks...

Actually... think I went to Fusion... is it this place with low wooden chairs and tables sitting in the sand, latin orchestra (on Saturday) and fire dancers ? Can they accomodate big groups ?

I just got back from my wedding at the El Dorao Royale in R.M. and after the wedding we just headed to Playa for whatever kind of fun. We ran into "Karabar". So much fun! I don't know if your into Hookahs...but my little group loved it. Sorry it's not actually on the beach, but just thought I'd share this with you anyway for consideration. I think you could reserve tables if you ask maybe. It's like a 2 min. walk from the Blue Parrot. Hope this helps if anything. Good Luck! Either way your going to love Playa Del Carmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
Thanks...

Actually... think I went to Fusion... is it this place with low wooden chairs and tables sitting in the sand, latin orchestra (on Saturday) and fire dancers ? Can they accomodate big groups ?
Yes that's it. Big groups? 40 or 50 I think, they have a beach area as well as a deck area. Maybe 80 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTamale View Post
I had a blast at the Blue Parrot, it was great to dance on the dance floor that sits next to the ocean. I'm also an avid TripAdvisor reader, but don't agree with half of the reviews.

Another great night club is Santanera - that place rocks! www.santanera.com
We are getting married in Tulum and then going to Retro after the reception. Retro plays songs from the 70's, 80's & 90's if that's what you're looking for. It's located on 4th Street between 5th Avenue and the beach. If you are walking down 5th Avenue heading south, you will turn left on 4th toward the beach. You'll see Retro on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsscottyb View Post
We are getting married in Tulum and then going to Retro after the reception. Retro plays songs from the 70's, 80's & 90's if that's what you're looking for. It's located on 4th Street between 5th Avenue and the beach. If you are walking down 5th Avenue heading south, you will turn left on 4th toward the beach. You'll see Retro on the right.
We are also getting married in Tulum and have thought about going out afterwards as well. Is Retro in Playa or Tulum? Will you all take a bus or vans? I'm still trying to figure out logistics and looking to see what other brides are doing. By the way , congratulations!

I found this posting about Playa Del Carmen night life while surfing the web and it's located at Bar - Nightclub List - Playa del Carmen, Mexico forum
It seems to be a comprehensive list, and given the brief description, you can always review the nightclub further on TripAdvisor.com, Google

Sports Bars
Bourbon Street - 5th Avenue between Calle6 & Calle8
Cabalova - 5th Avenue, between Calle26 & Calle30 (CLOSED)
El Tigre Sports Bar - 10th Avenue between Calle2 & Calle4 (2nd floor) Has 5 pool tables
End Zone - 5th Avenue at Calle Corazon (Calle Corazon is between Calle12 & Calle14)
Il Panino - 10th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12
La Taberna - Corner of Calle4 & 10th Avenue (Pool Tables)
PG's Sandbox Bar - 1st Avenue at Calle26
Tequila Barrel - 5th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12

Drinking & Meeting Bars
2-Dollar Drinks - 10th Avenue between Calle6 & Calle8
Beer Bucket – Calle10 between 5th & 10th Avenue
Carlos & Charlies - (at the top of the street leading to the pier)
Click & Drink - 10th Avenue between Calle6 & Calle8 (Upstairs, overlooking 10th Avenue)
Coco Maya - Calle12 at the beach
Dirty Martini Bar - 1st Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12 (this is Greco's new bar)
Diablito - Calle12 at 1st Avenue (formerly Da Gabi restaurant)
DJs Bar - Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenues (next door to Pizza Pazza) CLOSED!!
El 10 - 5th Avenue at Calle30 (formerly Puro Bueno)
El Cielo - Calle12 at 1st Avenue... checkout the new rooftop lounge.
El Jarrita - 1st Avenue between Calle10 & Calle1
El Pica Pica - 5th Avenue between Calle6 & Calle8 (2nd floor, formerly Chico Latino)
El Templo - Calle8 between 5th & 10th Avenues (upstairs, primarily caters to Mexican clientele)
Fa at Siesta Fiesta – 5th Avenue between Calle8 & Calle10 (Festive & Loud Music)
Giallo Limone - 5th Avenue between Calle28 & Calle30 (attached to Hotel Quinto Sol)
George & Dragon - 5th Avenue between Calle22 & Calle24 (English pub)
Karta Bar - Corner of 1st Avenue & Calle12
Kitxen - 5th Avenue between Constituyentes and Calle 20
LA5taTostada - 5th Avenue between Calle28 & Calle30
La Bodeguita del Medio - Just off 5th Avenue in the Mall near Rolandi & Harley Davidson
La Diez - Corner of 10th Avenue & Calle8 (cantina w/beer taps at your table)
La Fe - 5th Avenue between Calle26 & Calle28 (always a sizeable Italian crowd)
La Ranita - Calle10 between 5th & 10th Avenue
La Salamandra - Calle8 between 5th & 10th Avenues (typically Mexican hangout)
La Taberna - Corner of Calle4 & 10th Avenue (Pool Tables)
Las Tequilaria - 5th Avenue between Calle4 & Calle6
Le Hora Feliz - 5th Avenue between Calle26 & Calle28
Living Garden Bar - 5th Avenue between Calle Corazon & Calle14
Luna Blue Hotel Bar - Calle26 between 5th & 10th Avenue (located in the Luna Blue Hotel)
Manne's Beergarten - Calle4 between 10th & 15th Avenue
Mexican Cantinita - 1st Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12
Mom's Hotel Bar - Calle4 & 30th Avenue (located on the 2nd floor overlooking 30th Avenue)
Mushrooms - 5th Avenue between Calle28 & Calle30
Mezcalinna - Calle12 between 1st Avenue & the beach
O'Barzinho - On the corner at 10th Avenue & Calle12 (elegant lounge, a caipirinha bar)
Ole Taurino - 5th Avenue between Calle26 & Calle28
Om Bar – Calle12 between 1st Avenue and the beach
PG's Sandbox Bar - On the corner of 1st Avenue & Calle26
Senor Froggs - at the base of the Ferry Pier
Squid Row - Calle12, between 1st Avenue & the beach. (Closed)
Tequila Barrel - 5th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12
Ula Gula - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle10
Vida Pura - Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue (formerly DJ's Bar) Reggae theme.
Wana Bana - 5th Avenue between Calle30 & Calle32 - CLOSED: now called Locals
Yellow Sub de la 5 - 5th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12 (formerly Beer Bucket/Kegs)
Zebra - Calle12 between 1st Avenue & the beach (in Squid Row's former location)

Romantic Drinking Bars
Alux Cave - On Juarez Avenue, 3 blocks west of Highway-307
Madre Tierra - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle14 (formerly Apasionado)
Basico Lounge (2nd floor) - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle 10. Entrance is directly across from Babes.
Deseo - 5th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12
Di Vino - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle12 (formerly Fly Bar) Good house wine selection
Glass Bar - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle12. Impressive wine selection.
La Palette - On Calle8 between 5th Avenue and the beach. Romantic wine bar
La Santenera - On Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue (up on the 2nd floor)
Om Bar – Calle12 between 1st Avenue & the Beach (try the upstairs lounge for privacy)

Music & Entertainment Bars
Tierra Madre - Corner of 5th Avenue & Calle14
Bad Boys - On the beach between Calle2 & Calle4
Bali Club - Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue
Bourbon Street - 5th Avenue between Calle4 & Calle6 (CLOSED)
Fa at Siesta Fiesta - 5th Avenue between Calle8 & Calle10 (next door to Posada Freud)
Fusion Bar - On the beach at Calle6 (located in Hotel Fusion)
La Barra - 10th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12 (great mexican folk & dancing music)
Jam Session Bar & Music Club - New 5th Avenue & Calle40 (9pm-3am) 984-803-4915
Karen's Pizza - 5th Avenue between Calle2 & Calle4
La Bodeguita del Medio - Just off 5th Avenue in the Mall near the Pier. Live Salsa Music on certain nights
La Fortuna/Captain Daveâ€s - 10th Avenue between Calle6 & Calle8 (Closed - Lost their Lease)
La Pirata - On the beach between Calle10 & Calle12 (associated with Hotel Costa del Mar)
Mojo Zone - 5th Avenue between Calle10 & Calle12
Perla Negra - 5th Avenue at Calle32 (CLOSED)
Pez Vela - 5th Avenue between Calle2 & Calle4
PG's Sandbox Bar - 1st Avenue at Calle26 9live music on select evenings)
Roots N Fire - 5th Avenue between Calle4 & Calle6 (new reggae club w/live music)
Voga Music House - Calle10 between 5th & 1st Avenue (CLOSED)

Nightlife-Dancing Bars
Alux Cave - On Juarez Avenue, 3 blocks west of Highway-307
Bali Club - Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue (CLOSED... now called Dubai))
8lue Parrot (Dragon Bar) - Calle12 at the beach
Capitan Tutix - Calle4 at the beach (CLOSED & Demolished)
Ceilito Lindo - Juarez Avenue between 20th & 25th Avenue
Classico Playa - Calle12 between 1st Avenue & the beach (advertise themselves as a Disco Boutique) CLOSED
Coco Bongo - On the corner of Calle12 & 10th Avenue
Dubai - Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue (formerly Bali Club)
La Bodeguita del Medio - Just off 5th Avenue in the Mall near Rolandi & Harley Davidson
La Santenera - On Calle12 between 5th & 10th Avenue (dance floor located on the street level)
Mojito Queen - On Calle12 between 1st Avenue & the beach. (drink mojitos & dance salsa... always a dance partner available)
Moon Bar - 5th Avenue into the new mall. (CLOSED)
Mambo Cafe - Calle6 between 5th & 10th Avenue (CLOSED)
Playa69 - 5th Avenue between Calle4 & Calle6 (gay club)
Retro - Calle4 between 5th Avenue and the beach

Favorite Bars for 2008-2009
Bad Boys on the Beach (Thursday & Saturday 4-8pm)
Dirty Martini Bar (sexiest martini bar in town)
Fusion Bar (new expanded bar overlooking the ocean)
Kitxen (fabulous vocalists & flamenco dancers on certain nights)
La Barra (CLOSED)
La Zebra (Sunday night salsa event - Tulum)
Mezcalinna (run by two great guys from Puebla, MX)
Mom's Hotel Bar - Totally revitalized by Jurgen and has become a new PlayaInfo hotspot... they also serve great food!

Just a few comments regarding the Nightlife-Dancing Bars:

Alux Cave - Best to take a cab here or you might not find it. Sometimes on the weekends, they turn the cave into a nightclub, which is a rather unique way to spend the evening. Be sure to check out the sexy lounge area deep into the cave.

8lue Parrot - Always one of the more active places to go both early and late evening, especially if you like to dance out under the stars. Most of us avoid this place for personal reasons!!

Ceilito Lindo - This club is on the second floor and is primarily a club for younger latino locals looking to dance to rock music played through a great sound system. The dance floor is big, the crowd is large and the music continues almost til dawn. You won't see many tourist here.

Playa69 - A gay bar set back a bit in a corridor on the west side of the 5th Avenue. You can easily spot their small lit sign at night when they're open.

Fa at Siesta Fiesta - Always a great place to catch a live band in a lively but comfortable environment. Very tiny dance area.