Has anyone used Mexican Wedding Photos?

Hi Everyone! I had a few people recommend Mexican Wedding Photos but not sure if they acutally used them. If you've used them, could you let me know what you thoughthuh.gif Thanks!!! Getting married at the Catalonia Riv Maya in June and need to find a photographer quick. Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting married at the same place mid-March! None of this was planned until a month ago, but sooner than later was working better for us.

I'm also wondering if it's not possible to still get a photographer for a couple hours, for a reasonable cost, or if it's just too soon. The wedding is very small so I'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to come away with a dozen professional shots that I love.

Also, I'm going to see about finding someone at the resort to perform our symbolic. I was just informed today by the WC that we can no longer change the script and must follow theirs. One way around that, is to have a friend or someone else read ours.

Trying to remain stress-free

stacee

I'm getting married at the same place mid-March! None of this was planned until a month ago, but sooner than later was working better for us.

I'm also wondering if it's not possible to still get a photographer for a couple hours, for a reasonable cost, or if it's just too soon. The wedding is very small so I'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to come away with a dozen professional shots that I love.

Also, I'm going to see about finding someone at the resort to perform our symbolic. I was just informed today by the WC that we can no longer change the script and must follow theirs. One way around that, is to have a friend or someone else read ours.

stacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacee View Post

stacee

Hey Stacee! Congrats to you!

The problem I run into is when I find someone sort of reasonable is that I find that a few brides had issues with them. A few people suggested the Mexican Wedding Photos Mexican Wedding Photos & Videos | Wedding photographers

So I just wanted to see who has used them on this site and if they can recommend them. The website is good and the prices reasonable and they were really quick with the response. I keep finding you are either playing $350 for the hotel photographer ( which will take pictures but...how good will they be AND you don't get the disk which means you and the guests will be charged big $$$ to get prints. Or you get the photographers that charge $2000 and up but you get the "artiste" who won't let you have any input about the big day. I'm no bridezilla but I want to make sure the 82 yr old grandma that makes the trip gets in a bunch of pictures without being told to let them do their job and find after the wedding she's in 1 picture.

We are doing the renewal of the vows package and just doing their script.

How many are you having at your wedding? Are you doing the private reception afterwards or the cocktail hour on the beach? I REALLY wish we were getting married now. Waiting until June is killing me!!! :-)

Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann- I totally hear you. I wanted to just use the photographer that comes with my package (@ Dreams Cancun) then after we decided we're not having an AHR- i figured i would spend some extra and do a TTD. I contacted Moments that Matter (a lot of girls here recommend them and siad their prices were great). They just got back to me and the wedding package is like $2000 for a full day 1000 pics or $1300 for 5 hours 500 pics (all on disk) plus $400 for TTD. I guess that's reasonable (i don't know), but it still doesn't mean i can afford it sad.gif

I guess now i have another decision to make. Sometimes this whole wedding stuff is frustrating!!

good luck with the planning!

~Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskillen View Post
Hi Everyone! I had a few people recommend Mexican Wedding Photos but not sure if they acutally used them. If you've used them, could you let me know what you thoughthuh.gif Thanks!!! Getting married at the Catalonia Riv Maya in June and need to find a photographer quick. Thanks!
Hi laskillen,

I just got married three weeks ago, and used Mexican Wedding Photos, and am VERY happy with them!! I had Eduardo as the photographer and he was awsome. He showed up on time and stayed late. He was a great photogragher and a very nice man!

I saw the prices listed on lomas's website, but I emailed them directly and asked for a better price as we could not afford much and got a better deal.

He had great ideas, and was very receptive to any of our ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki317 View Post
Leigh Ann- I totally hear you. I wanted to just use the photographer that comes with my package (@ Dreams Cancun) then after we decided we're not having an AHR- i figured i would spend some extra and do a TTD. I contacted Moments that Matter (a lot of girls here recommend them and siad their prices were great). They just got back to me and the wedding package is like $2000 for a full day 1000 pics or $1300 for 5 hours 500 pics (all on disk) plus $400 for TTD. I guess that's reasonable (i don't know), but it still doesn't mean i can afford it sad.gif
I guess now i have another decision to make. Sometimes this whole wedding stuff is frustrating!!
good luck with the planning!

~Kristen

Moments that matter were my first choice but they were booked. Boo! Someone just responded about Mexican Weding Photographers and honestly they have been super responsive and I haven't heard ANY horror stories about them. Unfort. photographers that are good are STARTING in th 800's and up. So I figure about $1000 is going to be reasonable. BTW- make sure you check with your hotel. They sometimes charge a fee for bringing in a diffrent photographer or they charge a day/night pass fee.

Good Luck to you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiegirl View Post
Hi laskillen,

I just got married three weeks ago, and used Mexican Wedding Photos, and am VERY happy with them!! I had Eduardo as the photographer and he was awsome. He showed up on time and stayed late. He was a great photogragher and a very nice man!

I saw the prices listed on lomas's website, but I emailed them directly and asked for a better price as we could not afford much and got a better deal.

He had great ideas, and was very receptive to any of our ideas...
I am SOOO happy to hear that! That's who they said would be assigned to our weddiingn too! YAY!!! Thank you so much for letting me know. Any advice you can offer about certain pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskillen View Post
Hey Stacee! Congrats to you!

The problem I run into is when I find someone sort of reasonable is that I find that a few brides had issues with them. A few people suggested the Mexican Wedding Photos Mexican Wedding Photos & Videos | Wedding photographers

So I just wanted to see who has used them on this site and if they can recommend them. The website is good and the prices reasonable and they were really quick with the response. I keep finding you are either playing $350 for the hotel photographer ( which will take pictures but...how good will they be AND you don't get the disk which means you and the guests will be charged big $$$ to get prints. Or you get the photographers that charge $2000 and up but you get the "artiste" who won't let you have any input about the big day. I'm no bridezilla but I want to make sure the 82 yr old grandma that makes the trip gets in a bunch of pictures without being told to let them do their job and find after the wedding she's in 1 picture.

We are doing the renewal of the vows package and just doing their script.

How many are you having at your wedding? Are you doing the private reception afterwards or the cocktail hour on the beach? I REALLY wish we were getting married now. Waiting until June is killing me!!! :-)

Leigh Ann
Thanks for the info Leigh Ann. We are only doing a small wedding with 14 guests. We are not doing a private reception, all I want is a nice dinner with everyone, however I haven't discussed a cocktail hour on the beach. Never really thought about that. I generally prefer, simple, not too much planning, I find things usually work better for me that way because I have no expectation of what it was supposed to be. hahah

We were planning a trip for late March, and when we got engaged just prior to Christmas it seemed to be good timing to get married because our business really dictates the time we can get away. The next available time would have been the Fall, and I didn't want to risk hurricane weather!

Thank again for the post.