TTD wear wedding dress? Or sun dress?

I have seen some of the TTD pics where some of the brides wore a white sun dress instead of their wedding dress. I don't know which to do! Any suggestions for what is better/ what people liked more? Some of my friends suggested wearing a different dress to have different types of pictures (wedding pics for day of/ more beachy for TTD)... any pros/cons of each? Thanks for the input!

I thought about getting a white sundress for my TTD, but then I thought that it might become a little too see-through if we did any shots in the water. I actually ended up finding someone who is selling a cute wedding dress for $50, it has a tear in the hem, but I figure I can fix that easily and who's going to notice it in a TTD anyway. Maybe other people have been able to find some sundresses that had more layers or thicker material, but everything I found seemed a little too risky to me.

I personally love the look of a full wedding dress in TTD photos...it's half the magic for me. I would just look through photos and decide what you personally think looks best. If you don't choose what YOU think looks better you're going to regret it down the road. And if you decide you do like the full dress look, don't worry too much about ruining your dress. You probably can get it cleaned just fine afterward, and regardless, when you go to someone's house, how often do they pull out their wedding dress? I'm guessing you're a lot more likely to see someone's wedding photos, so they're really the more important memento!

For ME, what makes TTD sessions so phenomenally different is the fact that..hey, that's a bride in her WEDDING GOWN out there gettin' it dirty, splashing around, lolling on trees and such. It sort of loses that sense of the unique for me when it's just a regular dress. I'm afraid I would feel like the photos didn't look like they had anything to DO with my wedding, and I very much want my TTD pics to be an extension of visible reminders I have of our wedding day.

You just have to sit yourself down and think about what you're doing it for. If it's the experience of having photos on the beach, with your new hubby, in a different type of way...then it probably won't matter what you wear! You just have to get a feel for what you want to take away from the experience and make sure that what you're wearing (or not, tee hee) will help you bring that about.

I'm having the exact same dilema. I love the pics, but I just simply don't know if I can do that to my dress! I've been looking at off the rack dresses, ebay, CL, and on here for a similar dress for a much less price so that I can change dresses for the TTD pics. Another problem I have is my dress was bought when we were planning on a church wedding not DW so it's huge and has a cathedral train. I'm afraid if I went in the water with it I may fall over because it would be SO heavy wet! What to do ....what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starryt View Post
Pardon what might be a dumb question... what does TTD mean?
TTD stands for Trash the Dress. It's a photoshoot that you do after your wedding. You don't actually have to destroy your dress, and a lot of the times, you don't ruin it, depending on where you go or what you do it in. You basically put your dress back on, and have fun in it. Go swimming, climb trees, jump in the ocean, anything you can think of really, with a photographer there to capture the moments!

I really wanted to do it with a wedding dress. At first I wanted to use my wedding dress, but it's all silk and I'm afraid it would get damaged. I want to donate it to Brides against cancer so I want it to be still in a great shape when I send it in.

I just found my TTD dress, a sale from David's Bridal at 99$... So it solves it for me.

Now, specially for beach weddings, you have wedding dress and wedding dress... exactly as you also have different types of sundresses. I'm sure you can find a sun dress, or a BM dress, that has a bridal look to it, or at least, a look close to what your bridal look is.