kate.com's Playa Fiesta wedding review and non-pro slideshow

kate.com

For you ladies that are already married, in the middle of the planning process or those of you that only care about the pictures here they are! It is just a little slideshow that I put together of guests photos of the wedding day... of coarse I don't have even half of them yet, but I have kept you all waiting long enough!

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e7a4d3...&blogview=true

Playa Fiesta Beach Club & Hotel: A+

All I can say is “wow.†Playa Fiesta is incredible! Not only is the location breath taking, the hotel is gorgeous, the service incredible and the food is out of this world. We feel so incredibly fortunate to have hosted our wedding week at this unique venue. A boutique hotel with 32 bedrooms, we had the place to ourselves! The pool, bar and dinning room are so comfortable and beautiful. Everyone could be together, or get away very easily. There was a breakfast buffet every morning complete with made to order eggs. The bartenders had almost everyoneâ€s name and favorite drink memorized on the first day! For sure by the second day The staff took extra special care of the bride and groom… I felt like a celebrity!

I was told by one guest that our meal on the wedding night was the best meal of his life! I heard from everyone that the service was first rate. Basically Lindsay (WC) and the staff here make you look really good. That sounds funny but everyone said that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, or that it was like being at a celebrity wedding, they all were anticipating what would come next. To better explain this here is a little insight to our week at Playa Fiesta:

Day 1: DH and I arrived at Playa Fiesta and our jaws dropped. The PF website does not do the place justice! We checked into the “Wedding Suite†and there was a huge bouquet of tropical flowers. We had dinner by the pool, and went back up to our suite and sat in our private Jacuzzi on our balcony overlooking the ocean. Ahhhh. Too good to be true. I know that I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Day 2: Sat down with our incredible wedding planner Lindsay and discussed the details of the wedding day. We also had a cake testing and hair trial. DH took me for a romantic dinner at La Palapa. We sat in the sand and watched the sunset while a mariachi band serenaded us.

Day 3: Our guests arrived at Playa Fiesta. My favorite part was sitting down by the pool and watching guests arrive at the third story balcony! Everyone was so happy and excited. Our guests were welcomed by staff carrying all of their luggage to their rooms, a drink and chips and homemade guacamole! This was a favorite snack all week! Everyone was so impressed by their rooms, although none of us spent much time in them.

We hosted a welcome dinner at Playa Fiesta with a taco bar that was out of this world. We also hired fire jugglers to help kick off the trip and it was a huge hit!

Day 4: The guys all headed out early in the morning for deep sea fishing. They had a great time! They brought the fish back to the hotel and the staff prepared it for lunch the next day. The guys were very proud of that lunch and it was delicious. As for the girls, I didnâ€t plan anything… so we all enjoyed the breakfast buffet, lounging by the pool, playing cards, etc. A group of us decided to go snorkeling at Los Arcos/Mislamoya. It was beautiful and only cost $20pp.

We hosted a Mexican BBQ that night and had karaoke hosted by the very talented head bartender/DJ Aldo. To my surprise it was a HUGE hit and a highlight of the whole week! There were no singers and it took about an hour to get warmed up but it turned into a big sing along. We went an hour passed what was planned, and no one would get off the “Stage.†So Aldo kept playing crowd favs and everyone kept singing along. A bunch of girls jumped in the pool with clothes on and it was a party!

Day 5: Spa day. A complimentary 30 minute massage was included in each guests†room rate. There was a schedule at the front desk all week for guests to sign up, 4 at a time. The staff was very professional, complete with music and incense. They set up privacy blinds on the sundeck under a huge palapa near the ocean. It was so relaxing to have a massage while hearing the waves in the background. Incredible experience. I want to go back!

For our grooms dinner we took a coach bus into town to Si Senor. It was incredible! I highly recommend the bus… it was such a fun ride and really neat to arrive at the restaurant all at the same time. Si Senor put on quite a show; I will write a separate review for this restaurant. Everyone was greeted with a margarita… there were so many servers dedicated to our group and they were so friendly. We had our own room that was spacious, had its own bar and a great view of the city. There was so much food! First homemade chips and guac to order, then a seafood app, then these really cool ships that were on FIRE and had seafood displayed on it, then a Mexican BBQ plate with tamales, enchiladas, pork, beef and chicken. We also had a desert plate with 3 different kinds of desert. For entertainment there was a festive mariachi band and it was so loud in that room with everyone singing, clapping and the girls all got up to do the Macarena! THEN, this tribal dancer and drummer walks in with full headdress… you have to see the pictures to believe it, Peoples jaws were dropped!

To top it all off, as we were getting ready to leave there was a huge display of fireworks outside the window. Not for us but it sure made us look good!

Day 6: OUR WEDDING DAY! First, I was in the pool until noon, how cool is that?!. What an incredible day. Each night kept getting better and better and our wedding day toped them all. Everything was beautiful, beyond expectations. The flowers, décor, details were even better than what I had envisioned. Lindsay totally grasped my vision and made my day perfect… and flawless. We got married at 5pm on the terrace; I walked down the isle to beautiful mariachi music. We had a cocktail hour and the mariachi was there for most of it. We serve appetizers and blue margaritas with cherries to match the wedding colors. We were introduced as husband and wife from the 3rd story balcony that overlooks the pool area while U2â€s “Beautiful Day†played. That was a moment Iâ€ll never forget! The dinner was delicious; our first dance was on a covered bridge dance floor over the pool… gorgeous! We did our toast from an island in the middle of one of the pools and when I said the key word fireworks lit up the sky while ACDC “Thunderstruck†played. We had kept it a secret and our guests were in awe! Everyone was on the dance floor then we took it to the pool… yes, with our clothes on! (I had a 2nd dress I slipped on without many noticing… was a silk slip dress, donâ€t worry… I wore undergarments!) I was so worried the party would be over when people went in the pool… oh no! We were in the pool for 2 hours, until almost 1am! Aldo the DJ played crowd favorites and many of us lost our voices. The party kept going past 1am, but before DH and I went up for the night, we sang “Piano Man†in a circle… very memorable DH couldnâ€t believe how special the day was so when we got to our room we laid on the couches and just discussed the events of the day. Itâ€s true, your wedding day goes by so fast!

Day 7: Free day, we did a TTD shoot with our photographer Elizabeth Medina. We had so much fun and it was such a turn on- ha! Highly recommend this. Even if you donâ€t think it is your thing… you can modify your TTD to fit your personalities.

Day 8: Go home  what a trip! We relaxed all morning poolside until it was time to go! Soaking up all of the sun we possible could before returning to winter weather!

Wedding Coordinator Lindsay Burgess: A+

She has been incredible from the beginning! I always got responses to my emails within a couple of hours but many times in minutes! She is very organized and detailed. Our guests commented on her running around from sun up until at least midnight on the wedding day overseeing every detail. Each morning she would slip our itinerary under our door- which is so nice when you are playing host to 40 people. I didnâ€t have to think. My wedding day was flawless, how many people can say that?!. I am in awe of Lindsay and the Playa Fiesta staff!!!! I cannot say enough good things about them. DH and I hope that someone we know will get married there so we can see Playa Fiesta from the other side of the lens.

Photographer Elizabeth Medina & Lauren A+

Well, we havenâ€t gotten any of our pictures back yet, but as far as a great photographer to work with, you canâ€t beat Elizabeth. She is so nice, and made DH and I feel so comfortable! She has such a great eye, and I am confident that I will be happy with the final product, canâ€t wait!

Videographer Promo Vision:

Again, havenâ€t seen the final product, but they are great to work with, very responsive and professional. I will update this when I see our video!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what a dream wedding! sooooo jealous. im gonna have to check out Playa Fiesta for our next romantic getaway. we adore PV, its where we got engaged, so maybe for and engagement anniversary?? hehe

wow what a dream wedding! sooooo jealous. im gonna have to check out Playa Fiesta for our next romantic getaway. we adore PV, its where we got engaged, so maybe for and engagement anniversary?? hehe

grrrrrr, cant use smilebox at work sad.gif