Grand Palladium - Amazing

jalong

Hey everyone: I know it can be nerve racking planning a wedding so far away but relax - everything will be wonderful. We arrived at Grand Palladium Jan 3 and on check in we recieved a letter from Jascynthia to meet her in the lobby on Monday at 11 am. We did and it took a total of 1 hour to have everything in order. It was extremely easy and she is amazing to deal with. We chose the tropical package with the private reception so let me give you a break down of our expenses:

Tropical package : $1600

Dinner (8 free included in package but we had to pay for an 32people@$30): $960

Flowers (2 bridemaids, 2 groomsman, 2 fathers, 3 mothers): $350

Private venue: $500 (we had it reserved from 6-11pm @ $100/hr)

DJ (7:30 - 11Pm): $1050

We had the ceremony on the beach and it was amazing. It was blocked off so the people on the beach could see but not come over and honestly there are no random people in any of our ceremony pictures which was fantastic. The wedding was at 3 and dinner was starting at 6 in the Blue Lagoon. We chose the Italian restaurant (which was included in the per person price). For dinner we had salad with scallops, soup, stuffed chicken breast with lobster ravioli and wedding cake for dessert. The meal was sooooo good that many of our 40 guests went back to the Italian to have it again. Everyone loved, loved, loved the food. We had speakers and microphone for the dinner and we just brought CDs with us for dinner music and made speeches in between courses. The service was incredible. I think every table had their own server and they did not wait for everything. Dinner's were served at the same time to everyone and I could not be happier about the whole meal. We had also reserved the blue lagoon for dancing with DJ until the disco opened and then we moved in there but it worked out amazing as they set up one part for dinner and then we moved into the other part for dancing and their were tables/chairs set up in that section as well. The entire day was absolutely perfect!!!!! We had 40 people and not one complaint the whole week. Everyone loved the resort, food, staff, accommodations etc. I would not have changed one thing about chosing this resort and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else!!!!!! I`ll answer any questions, feel free to ask

Janet

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds great. My wedding is there in 2 months. I have a similar size wedding. With regards to the Blue Lagoon restaurant and dancing. Did you find this worked? We also considered moving upstairs to the lobby. What would you think of this? Was the DJ worth the money? Or would your iPod have sufficed for the dancing as well?

Hi: We loved the DJ. He played most requests with the exception of 1 song he did not have. You could do an iPOD which we considered but we were worried if the connections were wrong and it did not work we'd be in trouble. Also we liked the idea that he was in charge of playing what people wanted to hear and I can tell you he had the dance floor full for the night. I thought about going upstairs but we were a group of 40 and I really wanted to keep it just our group. If you don't mind everyone from the resort joining you for your dance then upstairs is a good option. The other concern I had was some nights the live music was good but really not music to dance to. I would not have changed anything about the DJ except dinner lasted a little longer than expected so we did pay for him to be there but we weren't using him yet. But I'd rather have it that way than us waiting for him with nothing to do!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...