DJ Ricardo or DJ Mijares

zethers

Hello Ladies,

I can't decide...I need a DJ that can emcee in both English and Spanish, both Ricardo and Mijares said they can. DJ Ricardo has great reviews but is a little more expensive at $230/hr. DJ Mijares quoted me at $175/hr. There is only one bad comment on DJ Mijares, and while it was unfortunate the music turned off in the middle of a bride's ceremony, it was one mistake, other than he has some great reviews, and he has sent me a list of all his songs in both English and Spanish and it is quite extensive.

Which one do I pick?? HELP!! Thank you!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked DJ Ricardo and have met with him in person. He is great with his english and was wonderful to work with. I have not met DJ Mijares so I cannot comment on him but I am very happy with my choice of DJ Ricardo. I love his response time and he is very efficient and thinks about things that I did not like where do they enter at the hotel because they would not usually come through the main property, where they can run cords, what type of outlets they have for how much juice the equip needs, etc.

We also chose between DJ Ricardo & DJ Mijares, but ended up going with DJ Mijares because he was less expensive and we knew we were going to ask him to stay later than we booked him depending on how late our after party went.

I can honestly 110% recommend DJ Mijares (his real name is Adan Mijares). He is very professional, was there super early to set up. He met with both me & my husband before our wedding day and was very attentive. We were totally comfortable with him in both English & Spanish. My husband had some playlists for our cocktail hour, dinner & reception, and DJ Mijares did a great job supplementing in between or stretching it out when my husband didn't provide enough music selections. He was very sensitive to our "do not play" list - he did not play a single one, even though some of our guests requested it. We really truly loved him - and all our guests were dancing all night long. He did a really awesome job. We originally booked him I think for 5 hours, but he ended up staying until almost 3 am to DJ at our after party. He was totally cool & flexible about staying as late as we wanted. Also, he was a great emcee - the flow was very natural. We didn't discuss in advance when we'd do the special dances or the cake cutting, but he did a great job communicating with the Westin staff about when the cake would arrive and such, so there were absolutely no glitches.

He also played the music during my ceremony - and it went off perfectly. Just the right volume during parts when we had music in the ceremony, the mics were perfect too, not too loud and not too quiet. Honestly I could not have asked for a better DJ!

He sometimes is slightly slow returning emails, but he is super-friendly and very competent in person. You will not be disappointed if you choose him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zethers View Post
LOL!! Two more great reviews. Thank you ladies for responding. I went ahead and booked DJ Ricardo, extra savings in money will go to Photograpy!!

Thanks again!!
you did realize my review was for mijares and NOT for ricardo, right? because you said two more great reviews, but kerry and i were talking about two different people...

We had DJ Ricardo at our wedding on 12-12-08 at Club 96 in Palmilla. You absolutely will not be disappointed with him. I can not recommend him enough. He was wonderful! We had so many compliments on the music and how well it flowed. He speaks great English and is very personable. All of our guests loved him too. He did our ceremony music as well and it was perfect. He is so easy to work with and gets back to you right away. He even took pics of the night and emailed them to us after we got back. Let me know if you have any questions about him at all and I'd be happy to answer them.

=) Kristen