t-46 days to departure - NO BM DRESSES!!!!! :(

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t24442

Ok, so... this is kind of a vent - but I am freakin stressed.

So, we picked out the BM dresses many many months ago, at that time one of my BM's was pregnant - she asked that we buy her an XL, so that she could have it taken in after the baby was born in July 2008.

Fast forward to October, she says "the dress doesn't quite fit, but I'm gonna do weight watchers, and I'll get into it". I told her that if she didn't think it was possible that we should order new dresses soon.

November: she tells me "it fits, but has some extra weight to lose, but is doing well on weight watchers, and thinks it'll be ok for Cuba."

December - this week: "dress is inappropriate, I am falling out everywhere from it, and I don't wanna ruin your pictures"

46 days to go, and I have no bridemaid dresses.

So, we look on line - I find dresses that I think would be great from J.Crew, they can be here in 3-4 days with rush shipping. One of them I KNOW would be perfect for my BM - and the other is perfect for my sister.

Dress For New Mom BM

Dress for my tiny sister - as seen in the previous BM dress pics

So, in changing to the above 2 dresses, the effects continue....

Firstly everything for my wedding was planned in blue and orange, the aforementioned dresses from JCrew are only available in Pink, which happens to be my favourite colour, but not the colour I have planned for.

My flowers (Bridal Blooms by Laura) are ready for pickup, and she has been super understanding, and said that if we have a major change in the dresses, she will amend the flowers, which is amazing, but adds to the stress of the whole thing.

Other wedding details are all around the blue/orange theme... and I will redo them to accomodate the change.

I figured all this out, just to hear that my BM doesn't like them, and doesn't think the above JCrew dress will fit her body type, and says she is going to the mall to see what she can find...

Further stress hits, 46 days.... to leaving.

Last night she calls me after she hit the mall, and says "nothing in the mall is beach appropriate" - no kidding it's Christmas - "I'll go to the local bridal shop to see if we can rush order dresses"

This morning, my sister has contacted a few bridal stores, and most said no way on delivery. Alfred Angelo - the factory - said that it may be possible, if we choose something that isn't too intricate with beads and all...

OMG

NO Bridesmaid dresses....

Flowers on hold pending a decision on colours....

Print product on hold pending a decision on colours....

I may flip out before the day is over.

Wow. That really sucks! I am so sorry you are going thru this. You should try going into department stores, they have dresses out for NYE and stuff and you might find something that you/she likes. She probably isn't feeling great about herself since she didn't lose the weight that she thought she would, but I am sorry that it is causing you such stress. You know, you might even get lucky and be able to find something cute in like Forever 21 or something on such short notice.

Yikes ~ girl I am so sorry you're going through more stress than you need to be at this point in the planning process. Can you possibly accompany her on a dress hunt? Sounds like this BM may need some reassurance when trying on stuff since she doesn't seem to like anything. hug2.gif take a deep breath, everything will work itself out*

Soooo sorry that you have this added stress on your plate!

I know you mentioned your colors are blue & orange, but what if you did black dresses with the same flowers you originally panned for?? The colors in the flowers would pop against the black. (I personally don't think there's anything wrong with wearing black BM's dresses for a DW weddng!)

Let us know what you decide!! cheesy.gif

One more option is to check the bridesmaids dress section on Nordstrom: Designer Collections and Top Apparel, Shoe and Beauty Brands . They have a lot of really cute options and usually lots of sizes from XS to XL to plus size, and best of all right now shipping is free for orders over $100 (I think) and in the past my orders have always arrived in about 5 business days, you can also request rush shipment. Order a bunch of stuff and if she doesn't like it, they can always be taken back to the actual store at anytime or shipped back, there's no time limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexico View Post
Oh you poor thing! Deep breaths!
How close is this bridesmaid to you? She shouldn't be doing this to you!!!

I was going to say if she isn't close to you...kick her to the curb. IMO. I mean 46 days and to do this to you. Go with your original dresses, don't change YOUR wedding to accomidate to a person that isn't YOU! Sorry if I sound mean, but you don't need this when your wedding is so close!

thanks girls!

my BM is super close to me, that is why I only have two, my sister(MOH) and her (my witness) [in Cuba for a legal wedding the witnesses cannot be blood related].

I agree with Carly completely, I know she isn't feeling good about herself and I know she is truly trying to lose the baby weight, and for the record i LOVE her and the baby with all my heart.

I am just stressed.

We do have a plan to figure this out by the end of the day...

thanks for letting me vent.