What is your wedding diet?

meghanmbm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to eat between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. My workouts are usually like this:

Monday - spin 60 min and WT back and bicep and abs

Tues - bootcamp 60 min and WT chest and triceps

Wed - Run 5 miles and abs

Thurs - Spin 45 min and WT shoulders

Frdiay - either bootcamp or spin and WT legs and abs

Sat - if I am up to it 5 mile run or 75 min of Zumba

My goal is to loose about 10 - 15 more lbs so I am currently playing with my workout and food habits to see come changes. smile105.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post
I try to eat between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. My workouts are usually like this:

My goal is to loose about 10 - 15 more lbs so I am currently playing with my workout and food habits to see come changes. smile105.gif

Do you mind me asking how much you have lost so far?

I've been trying to eat everything in moderation and working out 3-4 times per week. I usually do 30 minutes on the treadmill, weights, 4 minutes on the ab ball, and a bunch of squats. Although today the wedding diet consisted of pancakes, mini oreo's and a cheese burger! YIKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post

Wow, I wish i could get my ass in gear like you. How do you fing the energy to do all that? I feel like i will never be the beach babe i want to be for the big day. I guess you just have to start and not stop.

Well I haven't started yet but my Dr. just told me he wanted me to lose about 40 lbs. He gave me a diet a few years ago called the Pittsburgh Cardiovascular Diet. I followed this diet slightly when I first got it and the weight was coming off. Since then, I've had another child.

I am going to start it up again, eventually.

If you are interested, look it up online, if not, I can get it to you somehow. Below is the basics of it.

For breakfast:

One egg cooked any way

slice of cheese

glass of water

glass of grapefruit juice or a half of grapefruit

Lunch:

water,

glass of grapefruit juice or half of grapefruit,

salad, any dressing,

I think any kind of meat on salad

Dinner:

Any meat prepared any way

water

glass of grapefruit juice or half of grapefruit

Dinner is where I didn't follow. I would just eat anything I think

meghanmbm - I do not know where I get the energy its not too bad once you get in the habit it usually takes me about 1 1/2 a day. I just do not think I will ever have the beach body but i am getting healthier I tell myself! You should just start out doing a bit then before you know it you will be able to add a bit more then you will be able to continue to add. I got to the point where I was working out about 2 - 3 hours but I did not see quicker results and i was too tired so I backed down.

My sister and I recently joined a gym and are working with a personal trainer once a month. It is so expensive for a personal trainer, but since I am in grad school and splitting the 1 session a month with my sister, it isn't too bad.

He has us weight lifting 3x per week. We do arms and chest one day, legs one day and shoulders and back one day (+ cardio 4x a week which includes some combination of stair climber, eliptical, bike, and treadmill for 45 minutes).

Our trainer also has us on an eating schedule, which includes:

Breakfast:

Egg Whites +

Cereal (Raisin Bran) or Whole wheat bagel w/spray butter

Snack:

Protein shake

Lunch:

Grilled chicken + Rice

Snack:

Protein shake

Dinner:

Grilled chicken or Tilapia + a green vegetable

30 minutes before bed:

Protein shake

I usually only do 2 protein shakes a day because I can't take it that much, but without it...you can't build lean muscle (+ I am a veggie girl and don't get nearly enough protein)

Good luck with everything!