DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Hi Sarah,

I'm pretty much your neighbour (am in Edmonton)!

I am getting married at Dreams PV a few weeks before you - February 24... I had my bridezilla moments a week or so ago when I couldn't get in touch with Diana for a month! Turns out there were issues with their email... a few phone calls back and forth and everything was sorted out...

I can't help you with a photographer - we are bringing our own... We really lucked out.

What day do you arrive? We are staying for two weeks.

PM me if you want to ask anything more specific - I would be glad to help wherever I can... I know the PV area quite well - have been there several times and my mom has been going annually for the past 12 years.

Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahLambert08 View Post
Hey anyone getting married at Dreams Pv lets keep in touch!! Im still looking for photography, using promovision for video though. Wedding in March 09 Ehhhh Im crazy nervous! (family and all) Cheers Girls!!smile03.gif
Hi! I am getting married at PF, but I was going to let you know that i am using PromoVision as well. If you have a tight budget, they also do photography. Otherwise look at Elizabeth Lloyd... or look on the Las Caletas thread... lots of girls that just got married there with suggestions. I too am bringing in a photographer.

I too am having my wedding ceremony at The Dreams Resort and my guests are staying there.

Is anyone having a welcome reception there? Taking advantage of the fact the drinks/food would already be part of the all-inclusive? We are trying to save a little money and were thinking of just having everyone meet up at a pool bar and doing a little gathering there.

Thoughts.

Is anyone using Kristin from DD to do their wedding? I am but not communicating at all with the Dreams and not sure if I have too.

BEst to everyone

If you are using Kristin, you do not have to deal with the resort - Kristin takes care of all of that (I spoke to Kristin and really wanted to use her)...

As far as a welcome reception, you probably could do something informal at the resort - just tell everyone to meet there! I suppose it would also depend how many people you have... We only have a grand total of 30 so we could easily do that (and a few of those will not be at the resort)...

Jenn

Jenn

Hi Sarah,

I too am getting married at Dreams......in just 8 weeks to be exact.....aaaahhhhhhh! I had the hardest time getting in touch with the first WC Gabi and am not having much better luck with Diana the newest WC. I will say though from her most recent emails she seems more organized then Gabi. Anyhoo, about the photographer...I have hired Juan Carlos Tapia, he's primarily located in Cabo but travels all over Mexcio. He actually is a vendor advertising on here. Check out his website it is absolutely amazing. He is pricey but I feel well worth it, I want my memories that are going to last a lifetime look professional and not like your "traditional" put together wedding photos. But other photographers I had looked into included Josef Kandoll W, he has a new website by the way with some great photos. Christine Vincent is in PV already and priced fairly well though she was hard to get a hold of. Elizabth Lloyd, L&A studio, Elizabeth Medina, and Del Sol photography are some others. I hope that helps. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask. Good luck planning!

Hi Heather,

Diana was really hard to get ahold of - I found though that in the past two weeks things have greatly improved - I did speak to her on the phone a few times last week and the week before... apparently they had had (or she had) problems with her email... She did say that the problems now were fixed and I have noticed that she gets back to me within 2 business days... usually around 5-6 pm central time...

I'm really looking forward to hearing back after your wedding and how everything goes!

I do have a few questions for you...

How many people are you having?

Are you getting one of their packages?

Did you hire a DJ?

I am at the 5 month mark and trying to work out all of those last minute details :)

Thanks!

Jenn

Yep, were paying for the top wedding package but were bringing in our own photog/vidoegrapher. Our quests list is at about 35, most staying at the resort, yes we'll have a D.J. but we are bringing our own music to be safe.

One thing I'm worried about is that my MIL and Grandma in law both have bad knees so were hoping that we can all be in the preffered tower and close together, ya never know though eh? Has anyone been able to get rooms together in the new tower?? Let me know ur tricks!! Heehehe

Sarah-

When I booked with my TA we took a room block of 20 rooms in the new tower, which is all Jr. Club Suites for $128 pp a night. That way all my guests would be together. I visited the Deluxe rooms in the old tower and there is a big difference between the deluxe old tower and Jr. new tower, though the price was only $20 different per day. So we went with the Jr. We have additional guests booking who are requesting the new tower by our block but they aren't guaranteed. Does any of this make sense?

Heather-

I can't wait to read your review. Congrats I can't believe your wedding is so soon. You are going to have the time of your life.

Best

PS If you book 30 rooms the bride/groom gets their room for FREE yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smile78.gif