Dreams Cancun...no external suppliers!?!

So were planning a wedding at Dreams Cancun, April 10 2009, and I have been reading about alot about you girls using outside vendors such as dj's and photogs. Anyways I emailed Claudia about using an outside dj and she sent me this as an attachment.

External Suppliers Policies

As per Dreams Cancun polices we do not allow any external supplier to perform on private event functions in areas such as entertainment, music, decoration, lighting, audiovisual, photos, video, flowers, etc. We make it our responsibility to protect our establishment's name and stellar reputation, thus prefer to avoid possible negative incidents that could damage both yours and our company name.

Please allow us the opportunity to manage this event for you.

Im just wondering if anyone else got something like thishuh.gif Im really confused and a bit upset considering I was ready to book the dj and Claudia Rodriguez for the photography! It just seems really weird.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think this is their new policy!! They tried to pull it on me too but they had already cleared my photographer. I am just caving and using their DJ. From what I hear their photographer and DJ and everything else is amazing. I am sure that if you work with her your wedding will still be GREAT!

They have gotten to the point where they have so many weddings, they prefer to stick to their list of vendors, which is understandable.

Claudia C has very little time off and works special events and is the WC as well. She is very good at her job and will do everything possible so you have everything as you would like.

The only external vendor I had at my wedding was Claudia Rodriguez, but she had done many weddings there.

You may want to inquire if Claudia R is still one of her vendors as you have seen pictures of several weddings she attended there.

I used everything else from the package and it was perfect.

I was concerned about getting the flowers I wanted, but they were exactly what I wanted.

I would not have changed a thing!

Well, just wearing a veil since it was windy when I was married, but that's a personal thing :)

It was *very* nice to have someone else worry about vendor contracts and where to get things as I was not there to do so.

I was so thankful for her!

I know we try to do so much from afar, but I assure you it will be a wonderful day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
They have gotten to the point where they have so many weddings, they prefer to stick to their list of vendors, which is understandable.

Claudia C has very little time off and works special events and is the WC as well. She is very good at her job and will do everything possible so you have everything as you would like.

The only external vendor I had at my wedding was Claudia Rodriguez, but she had done many weddings there.
You may want to inquire if Claudia R is still one of her vendors as you have seen pictures of several weddings she attended there.

I used everything else from the package and it was perfect.
I was concerned about getting the flowers I wanted, but they were exactly what I wanted.
I would not have changed a thing!

Well, just wearing a veil since it was windy when I was married, but that's a personal thing :)

It was *very* nice to have someone else worry about vendor contracts and where to get things as I was not there to do so.
I was so thankful for her!
I know we try to do so much from afar, but I assure you it will be a wonderful day.
Good Point and that is the same approach I am choosing to take. It just seems she is the wedding expert and if I have an problems I only have to chase 1 PERSON down.

Although, I did want to hire an outside DJ because their prices ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBASIM View Post
Good Point and that is the same approach I am choosing to take. It just seems she is the wedding expert and if I have an problems I only have to chase 1 PERSON down.

Although, I did want to hire an outside DJ because their prices ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
I brought my iPod and the sound guy had an elaborate system set up and mixed everything for use.
So we just paid for the sound system per hour and tipped the sound guy.

The dj prices are pretty high. I was wondering if you get the dj do you still have to pay for the sound system aswell? Cause if the dj price includes the equipment then I dont mind using him. I know most dj's bring their own equipment, but this wasnt specified in the price list.