Elizabeth Medina - Photographer

LCBride2007

I didn't really know where to post this thread, so if you want to move it, Tammy - no problem! I didn't want to put this in the PV area, since she isnt' from PV and could be used anywhere! Maybe we could add a place to put all of the photographers that aren't necessarly tied to one location somewhere - those that travel ... just an idea.

I know I've seen Elizabeth Medina's name in various places, but I can't remember if anyone here used her, or knows of her. I think she's the #1 on my list so far for photographers, but I wanted to get some feedback from you all first. I asked Juan if he was available for my date, but he's not - but he did recomend Elizabeth! I've also had a couple people recomend Elizabeth, I just can't remember who (I know a couple girls from The Knot did).

Mexico Wedding Photographer, Elizabeth Medina, destination wedding photography, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico

I am putting her package info. in here too; one, so you all can see it in case you're looking too, and two, so you can tell me if you think it's a reasonable price! Elizabeth is located in Yucatan, but travel costs are included in her pricing.

Elizabeth Medina-2007.doc

Elizabeth Medina-2007.doc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhmartin View Post
I wonder if you would still need to cover hotel and air/ground fare?

I love her style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Travel costs are included in her package prices! Has anyone used her before? Or know anyone that has?

She told me that I would need to provide her hotel fees. She said she was 4 hours away form RM. I thought she was out of Cancun but I guess not. Or maybe Cancun is that big. However I aslo had asked her if she would do some day after photos of us.... So maybe that was why she needed to stay the night in RM. I'm kind of confused but I never e-mailed her back again because I dont have an exact wedding date set yet. Her photos are phenominal and I've read some good stuff on her around the other forums.

Ok, just to make sure, I went back to look at my email. I've been communicating with a few photographers, so I could easily get them confused! This is from Elizabeth's email:

"I am including my current package information. I am located in Yucatan, which is quite far from your wedding site, but my travel costs are included in the package prices. Please let me know if you have any questions."

I am guessing that she didn't charge you her whole "destination wedding" fee because she could just drive there or something, so you only needed to pay for lodging. I am assuming she has to fly to Puerto Vallarta, which is why it's more travel costs.

I just wish I could find someone that has used her before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Ok, just to make sure, I went back to look at my email. I've been communicating with a few photographers, so I could easily get them confused! This is from Elizabeth's email:

"I am including my current package information. I am located in Yucatan, which is quite far from your wedding site, but my travel costs are included in the package prices. Please let me know if you have any questions."

I am guessing that she didn't charge you her whole "destination wedding" fee because she could just drive there or something, so you only needed to pay for lodging. I am assuming she has to fly to Puerto Vallarta, which is why it's more travel costs.

I just wish I could find someone that has used her before!

Yah, I was kinda thinking she might have giving you a different package price list. She probably does have two packages set up one for DW and the other for local. HMMM shall we compare... I will try to find the stuff she sent me and attach it. hold on.

OK, here is the package I was sent.

OK never mind. The file is way too big to upload. Maybe I can e-mail it to you and anyone that needs it for that matter.

I suppose we will call it The Elizabeth Madina price quotes for local RM/Cancun brides. If anyone is in need of this PM your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

I had to copy/paste mine into a work document too - the pdf was too big. The prices she gave me are attached in the first message in this thread - the document she sent me was titled "Destination Wedding Pricing 2007" which makes me thing she has different for "Non-Destination" weddings. Maybe your location would fall into that ...

I will PM you - I am curious as to what she sent to you.

I put the Riviera Maya pricing into a word doc and am attaching it here.

Basically, there are some semi-minor differences. First of all the Riviera Maya document has 3 packages, the destination wedding document only 2 packages (Package #2 is missing from the destination wedding list).

Package 1 is $1000 more for the destination wedding ($3950 vs. $2950). With this extra $1000 you get ...

> 2 more hours coverage (8 vs. 6 hours)

> 100 more 4x6 proofs (500 vs. 400 proofs) - though one says 'prints,' and one says 'proofs' - what's the difference?

> 3 8x10 E.M. signature prints

> Travel costs

Package 3 is $250 more for the destination wedding. With this extra $250 you get ...

> ... nothing, from what I can tell!

Hope this helps!

This doesn't sound like a bad deal to me - for $1000 more you get quite a bit!