Neen's Paradisus RM REview Part III (last)

neen

OK, the Resort – the resort is very nice and very clean. The interior is all marble and thatched roofs and beautiful arched walkways and interior fountains and ponds. It really is great. The area around the main lobby bar is a perfect meeting place for large groups for a welcome cocktail and canoodle or pre/post dinner hanging out. There are tons of seating areas with couches and chairs, but know that most are taken up by 6:30pm, so Iâ€d think youâ€d want your group to meet and stake claim before 6pm to ensure everyone will be comfortable. I can already picture FI and I fluttering around the huge space moving from group to group welcoming and chatting with our guests here. There is wait staff to take drink orders as well so not everyone needs to crowd around the bar.

Click the image to open in full size.

In addition to the lobby bar, the FUN PUB is open from 10pm-2am with lots of seating, a little dance floor and a big bar. This is where I think most head to if they want to continue the party after a wedding reception (and what weâ€re planning to do).

The Pool – the pool is great. Because there are walkways and “islands†throughout the huge pool, it sort of separates itself into lots of sections so there is always a quite spot to just relax in the water, or to get rowdy (particularly near the swim up bar). Although its “not allowed†people reserve beach chairs EARLY…youâ€ll want to get towels the night before and put them out around 6am. I have no idea how early you need to get up to get one of the bali beds in the main pool area, but definitely earlier than 6am  All said though, we really didnâ€t have a problem finding chairs at any time of the day, you just wonâ€t find one under a thatched umbrella or close to the bar .

There was plenty of waitstaff at the pool and on the beach so we didnâ€t have to get up and get our own drinks if we didnâ€t want to. We got up most of the time though just to give ourselves something to do between bakes in the sun.

The Beach – the beach is great, the water is beautiful and there are plenty of chairs. There is also a lifeguard on duty.

The Royal Service Pool – this pool area is secluded in the center of the resort, but its really quaint. Your personal butler/concierge can reserve a chair/bali bed for you so you donâ€t have to get up a 6am…

There is also a small pool to the side of the main pool, as well as a little Kids Club pool. The Kids Club is going to be clutch for our 9 nieces and nephews attending the wedding. There is a swing-set/jungle gym/see-saw area, a cover pool table/foosball table/ping pong table area, a kiddie table/chair with cartoons on TV area, and an arts and crafts area so kid and young teens have plenty to keep them busy!

Activities – there is snorkel and scuba diving through the resort, as well as kayak, paddle boat, and hobbi-cats available. The boat for snorkeling takes 16 people and only makes two trips to the reef each day…one at 11am and one at 2pm. You need to call and reserve your spot on the boat/snorkel the day before. It costs $2 per person. The scuba is $50 equipment rental and dive if youâ€re already certified (they used to offer one free dive, but thatâ€s changing next month). For another $30 or so, theyâ€ll do a refresher course with you in the smaller pool (not the main pool) before you go diving. You can also get certified there, but we didnâ€t look into it because weâ€ve already got our cards. There is also deep sea fishing and the boat leaves in the morning – its $350 for four people and itâ€s a half day trip….you should book several days in advance for scuba and fishing. We didnâ€t get a ton of detail on all these activities, just wanted a general idea of whatâ€s readily available right there from the resort grounds. Perla and Elisa can point you to more info you need it. Oh - there is also a hotel run shopping trip to Cancun every morning at 9am. Itâ€s free, just reserve a day or two in advance. Not sure how long youâ€re gone for, but assume at least a half day.

What else what else…there is a gift shop at the hotel with magazines, toiletry essentials, souvenirs, etc. Every night in the main lobby there are also little tables set up selling jewelry and whatnot…its fun to browse on your way to dinner. There is a “theater†that every night has a different live show. We didnâ€t catch any of them, but it looks fun for a group…you have to book in advance! The theater is another option for a ceremony rain location, but we pray that wonâ€t happen!

A NOTE ON TIPPING – Paradisus is an all-inclusive resort so if you donâ€t want to tip, donâ€t tip. None of the staff was ever the least bit rude when we noticed people didnâ€t tip after meals or for drink service. That said, we did tip a couple bucks for everything because it simply felt unnatural not to!

I think thatâ€s about it. Iâ€d love to say I fell in love with the resort and itâ€s the PERFECT spot for our wedding, but in actuality, I really liked it and I think itâ€ll be a good wedding spot. I hope thatâ€s enough…and that Iâ€m not the only one who feels that way about her wedding site.

Sorry this was SOOOO LOOONG!!!

Let me know if you have any questions.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! This is such great information for us Paradisus brides and brides still considering their venue! I feel the same way - for me there was never a spot that had everything I wanted and that there wasn't a least one drawback, disadtvg etc.

I love the idea about the white fabric between the Reef Grille and the Terrace - we will certainly be doing that as well!

Great review!

Hi Neen! We're stil trying to work out details to have our wedding at the Paradisus. I love (love, love, LOVE) the idea about the white fabric.

FI and I are getting married in August, Melissa in November and you in January. Maybe we should split the costs and forward the curtains from one to the next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Hi Neen! We're stil trying to work out details to have our wedding at the Paradisus. I love (love, love, LOVE) the idea about the white fabric.

FI and I are getting married in August, Melissa in November and you in January. Maybe we should split the costs and forward the curtains from one to the next...
I think that's a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Radolli View Post
Here is the list that Perla sent me! I love love love the idea of sharing the fabric (and anything else that you can think of!)
Hi Melissa-
Thanks for posting the amenities list. This is helpful and some great pics for ideas.
OK does anyone else think the SPA section is in Pesoshuh.gifhuh.gif $250 for a manicure, $850 for bridal styling, there is no way!!! thatswck.gif
Ok to confirm Im not going crazy I pulled out the Spa Services brochure I had taken on my sight visit (which was in pesos) and they match. I wonder if anything else on the amenities list is in pesoshuh.gifhuh.gif

Hi Michelle - sorry I didn't mean to miss you on the possible list of people to share the curtains!

I do think the lists goes back and forth between pesos and USD. I have a spa brochure that specifically states on the back that it's in pesos, so bridal styling is $885 MP, or $88.50 US, trial styling is $46 US. Mani/pedi is $49/40 US.