Wedding Coordinator

My wedding coordinator (Tara Null from FLC) just emailed me that she is really overbooked and she is putting "Amy" on my wedding so I get "the attention I deserve". I totally understand but am a little bummed. So far she hasn't really done anything for me- no contracts, no site booked (we are looking into Villas)confused.gif no vendors, she hasn't even quoted a fee for her services. I contacted Maye since reading rave reviews on the site about her and she's available. I'm a little at a loss on what to do- any thoughts? Any insight would be a great help!!!!

i think you'll find lots of great info here on locating a wedding coordinator. i am working with Katie Thompson at Weddings in Paradise. Weddings in Paradise and i couldn't be happier. She's American but now lives in Cabo so no misunderstandings due to a language barrier and she always replies right away to all my questions.

I started out with the intentions of planning a villa wedding, but decided against it due to many of the restrictions and regulations that are being placed on the villa weddings, especially in the Pedregal. Just make sure that whoever you choose as you WC is familiar with all of these rules. Good luck!

What if FLC?

My best friend is a wedding planner in Austin and sometimes if she is booked on a day when a bride wants to get married, the brides will ask her to coordinate the wedding then have one of her associates do "day of" coordination. I am sure you will be very happy with the replacement!

Addison, let me put your mind at ease for a second. I used Tara/FLC for our wedding and honestly, without her company, there is no way my wedding would have happened. My event coordinator in Fort Worth was having a very difficult time getting in touch with vendors in Los Cabos. It seems as though vendors really prefer working with a local planner and they really make it difficult if you don't have someone local.

Case in point, we were going to use Elena Damy for our flowers, we had a site visit, met with her husband, did the initial interview/questionnaire thing, and left. They never followed up, we tried for a month to get into contact regarding the quote we were waiting on via phone and email, and never got a response. And yes, they're still in business at the same location, etc. My point is, we weren't using someone local, and it wasn't worth their time.

When I first spoke with Tara, I knew everything was going to be fabulous. She is a firecracker. And I have heard wonderful things about Amy as well. Here's the deal about FLC, they know what you want, Tara is used to Houston weddings and I'm sure very over-the-top events (she did just coordinate the wedding where Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen were BMs!) so if you ask her for something crazy, she can make it happen.

But the best part of using FLC was even though we didn't want an over-the-top wedding and had a budget like most people, the time and thought that went into our wedding was as though we were spending a lot of $$. Tara was wonderful, and she & Amy are partners, so I wouldn't be worried about the handoff. I would actually rather Tara be honest and say she's overbooked and than to feel like you're not getting the treatment you deserve.

But also, go with your gut. If you feel like you're getting passed over, find someone else. Maye has gotten wonderful reviews and I know so many brides have been happy with her services.

But I was very happy with Tara. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.