December 2010 Brides!

Princess402

I think it's about time that us December brides had our own thread!

I'd love to get to know the rest of you and find out about your wedding plans, and how things are going :)

I am getting married December 8th at Dreams Riviera Cancun in Puerto Morelos, MX (Mayan Riviera). So far, I have my photographer and DJ but that's pretty much it. I did send out boarding pass STDs last fall (but that was when we were planning to go to the Dominican - oops!), but have been procrastinating on passport invites. I am going dress shopping next Monday (so excited!!!). I feel like I still have so much left to do to though! And this forum makes me want to do EVERYTHING myself. Unfortunately I am a grad student (working on my MA) so have very little time to do it... this forum is so helpful, but also so distracting for me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Angela:

I am a December 2010 Bride also...December 4th. We are getting married at the Aventura Cove Palace in RM. I understand what you mean about having to juggle school and wedding planning. I got engaged December 19th and I am currently in my last few months of my doctoral program. Its been a lot...but I am making progress on both large projects :-). I have 47 people traveling to the wedding at this point.

I was initially booked at the Moon Palace but they didn't have rooms available for my guests. So I had to change resorts. All in all, I am excited...and time is flying by. Do you have bridesmaids and groomsmen?

Hi Angela,

I am also a December bride. I am getting married at Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta. I have almost everything except flowers, invitations and dress. I also book my photographer salvador ceja photography, he takes very nice pictures. Are you making you passport invites? I am also thinking of having passport invites.

Hi fellow December 2010 brides :) I'm getting married December 4th at the Moon Dance Cliffs in Negril, Jamaica! So far I have booked the resort and the photographer (Nora Bohanon), and today I sent out my post card save the dates! They are sooo cute! I've been dress shopping once so far, so that's my next priority. I'm also being asked already by my Mom and my FMIL as to what they should wear.

Hey Girls! I am getting married Dec 1, 2010 at the El Dorado Royale...hopefully!undecided.gif

My FI and I have been hearing that December is really popular and while we have sent out invites, we haven't booked rooms yet so we are worried we won't get the prices or space we need. It seemed like when we first got engaged last summer everyone was saying "your too early to get prices or book anything" now we may have waited too long! Oh no!! I did order my dress before Christmas, but otherwise we haven't get much figured out. I'm hoping everyone's info on here will be able to help with the rest! embarrest.gif

Yay more December brides! smile159.gif

Sounds like we are all at about the same place... whew I don't feel "behind"!

sgray, good for you doing your PhD amidst all this! What will it be in? I'm working on an MA in Counselling Psychology, and am about mid-way through. I THINK we are having bridesmaids and groomsmen... I want them, and have three girls in mind, but two of them have yet to book and are being kind of flaky about it so FI suggested scrapping the whole bridal party! We haven't asked anyone officially yet anyways, as we wanted to wait until people booked the trip. FIs potential groomsmen are totally on board though, so really it's just my silly potential BMs that are the problem! I have heard a number of people on here saying that they had no bridal party, or wished they had gone this route because of all the drama, (which I am starting to get!) but there's definitely a traditional and photo-obsessed part of me that can't imagine the wedding without at least a small bridal party. How about you?

wnmrtn8, I am making passport invites... they are coming along at a snails pace at the moment but they are coming!

CanadianLindsey, don't worry, I don't think you've waited too long! Although I agree it's tough because you very quickly go from things being too far out to do, to NEED TO DO RIGHT NOW!!! If you haven't got one already, I would suggest getting a good TA - they can really help organize the travel side of things!

I just came across autjo's wedding review (she was a December 2009 bride) and I just wanted to share something she said that just made me so much more excited to be a December bride!

December Destination Wedding - A+

Although I am exhausted from a month of wedding events, it was awesome having a wedding in early December. From the wedding to Christmas to New Years to our AHR it was like we had a wedding season instead of just one day. Really great to spend so much time with our family and friends.

(Hope it's okay that I quoted you here autjo!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
Yay more December brides! smile159.gif

Sounds like we are all at about the same place... whew I don't feel "behind"!

sgray, good for you doing your PhD amidst all this! What will it be in? I'm working on an MA in Counselling Psychology, and am about mid-way through. I THINK we are having bridesmaids and groomsmen... I want them, and have three girls in mind, but two of them have yet to book and are being kind of flaky about it so FI suggested scrapping the whole bridal party! We haven't asked anyone officially yet anyways, as we wanted to wait until people booked the trip. FIs potential groomsmen are totally on board though, so really it's just my silly potential BMs that are the problem! I have heard a number of people on here saying that they had no bridal party, or wished they had gone this route because of all the drama, (which I am starting to get!) but there's definitely a traditional and photo-obsessed part of me that can't imagine the wedding without at least a small bridal party. How about you?

wnmrtn8, I am making passport invites... they are coming along at a snails pace at the moment but they are coming!

CanadianLindsey, don't worry, I don't think you've waited too long! Although I agree it's tough because you very quickly go from things being too far out to do, to NEED TO DO RIGHT NOW!!! If you haven't got one already, I would suggest getting a good TA - they can really help organize the travel side of things!
I am just finishing up my doctorate in Educational Leadership. Monday 3/29 is actually my big day to defend my dissertation! :-) The timing of my engagement was pretty good in terms of writing. I was about 3/4 of the way through when my FI proposed. But with planning the wedding, writing and house hunting I did get a bit overwhelmed at one point. But we made it over that hurdle. Congrats on making it midway through your MA. You'll be finished before you know it!