Share your ceremony script!

I wanted to start a thread with everyone's ceremony scripts. I don't think such a thread exists yet does it? This would have helped me when I was putting together ours. I got ours from a few different sources and just copied and pasted the parts that I loved and edited it together so that it flowed.

So here is ours. I really loved it and it definately reflected who we are as a couple. It's non religious and lasted about 20 minutes. We had a friend officiate the ceremony and it was amazing.

Opening

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- The life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise, an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of XXX and XXX, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

I have also been asked by XXX and XXX to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Ceremony

For XXX and XXX marriage is an affirmation of life, an undying commitment, a spiritual, emotional, and intellectual bond between two people. It is created from the purest of friendship, respect and love. The institution of marriage is not entered into lightly, because it symbolizes commitment on every level. Together you will continue to meet the challenges and obstacles of life head on.

Marriage is an adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is the mutual commitment of two people sincerely in love who share the same dreams about life. But more than that, it is the intimate sharing of two lives. It is a sharing that does not diminish but enhances the individuality of each partner.

The marriage between XXX and XXX does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration, of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

For XXX and XXX, love is the longing two people feel for one another. It is the need to share, in body and spirit, the warmth, serenity and peace two people can give to one another. A simple touch, a hand held at a time of uncertainty. This is what it means to be intimately human. It is the intention behind the kiss that says, “ Despite the vastness of this earth, despite the chaotic details that make up our lives, despite the hundreds of people we will meet in our travels, you are mine and I am yours forever.â€

Love is lifeâ€s highest emotion. It makes us less selfish, it makes our personalities grow, and it makes our lives more meaningful. It is caring about the welfare and happiness of your partner as your own. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. And it makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

A successful relationship takes more than just love. It takes trust, to know in your hearts that you want only the best for each other. It takes dedication, to stay open to one another, to learn and grow, even when it is difficult to do so. And it takes faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds for you both.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each otherâ€s needs. You have come to thrive upon each otherâ€s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

HAND CEREMONY

As an expression that you are joined together in love - will you please hold up your hands and hold one another, so you may feel the gift that you are to each other.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.

These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

VOWS

Your wedding rings represent the unconditional love that you have for one another and are a symbol of the vows that you will make today. ____, take this ring, put it on ___'s finger and repeat after me:

I, __________, take you, ____________, to be my wife/husband,

my partner in life and my one true love.

I will cherish our friendship

and love you today, tomorrow, and forever.

I will trust you and respect you,

I will laugh with you and cry with you.

I will love you faithfully and unconditionally

through the best and the worst, the difficult and the easy.

Whatever may come, I promise I will always be there for you.

Closing:

XXX & XXX, remember to treat both yourself and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty or fear assail your relationship – as they threatened all relationships at one time or another – remember to focus on what is right between you. In this way, you can ride out the times when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives – remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your lives together, your life together will be marked by abundance and delight.

Give to one another new experiences of joy. Challenge one another so that you may grow. May the love you hold for each other, now sealed in marriage, continue to mature with the passing years. May you never take each other for granted, but always experience the wonder of your union. Be slow to anger, quick to forgive, leaving no tracks of resentment behind each day.

We who are present today, hope that the inspiration of this moment will never be forgotten. May all your days and years to come be filled with vision, joy and passion. May the love you now share continue to grow, and may the happiness you bring to each other be a continuing part of your life together. May you continue to laugh often and enjoy each other every day, steadfast in hope and confidence, believing in yourself and believing in each other. May your love be a sanctuary and a source from which you draw strength to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you love and care for one another and may you love one another forever.

With friends and family, along with the sun, the moon, and the sea, I have the pleasure of announcing you as husband and wife.

You may now kiss the groom!

• Like 2

Here is the one my hotel uses. I'm using something different:

WE have present in front of us today, Saturday, April 19th 2008, Benjamin and Monica who have come forward for their celebration of unity.

“Marriage” is the legal union between man and woman, that joins their lives together to enhance the human race and find eternal happiness. In the marriage, both the man and the woman have the same rights and obligations to each other, and both are equal under the law”

Marriage is the moral way to establish a family, to conserve the human race, and to compensate for the imperfections of the individual that can not be fulfilled within himself, in order to attain the duality of marriage. The married person should be and will be sacred, each to the other, even more than to himself.

The man, whose gifts are principally courage and strength, should and will give perfection, nourishment, and direction to the woman. Treating her always like the most delicate, sensitive, and finest part of himself. The generosity and kindness that a man owes to a woman is essential, as she devotes herself totally to him

The woman, whose gifts are principally beauty, insight, love, and tenderness should and will give assistance, consolation and advice to the man, treating him always like the person who stands by her and defends her.

Each one owes to the other, and should have, respect, fidelity, confidence, and tenderness. Both should never do anything to contradict the union. Both should use wisdom to lessen any faults, and never insult, as insults between married people dishonour and abuse the strength of the union. Both should cherish and honour this union as the lasting bond that unites our race, for in the eyes of man, this is considered the most important component of society and of the family.

Being so and for all the above written reason, I’ll ask you to take each others hand:

EXCHANGING THE VOWS :

Benjamin, do you agree to take Monica as you lawfully wedded wife, to love and honour her, stand by her side in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?

Monica, do you agree to take Benjamin as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and honour him, stand by his side in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?

Now please exchange your rings

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

EXCHANGING OF THE RINGS (the man first):

I WILL ASK YOU NOW TO SEAL THE VOWS WHICH YOU HAVE JUST MADE,

BY THE GIVING AND RECEIVING OF RINGS, LET US REMEMBER THAT THE CIRCLE IS THE EMBLEM OF ETERNITY AND IT IS OUR PRAYER THAT YOUR LOVE AND HAPPINESS WILL BE AS UNENDING AS THE RINGS WHICH YOU EXCHANGE.

Benjamin, WILL YOU LOOK INTO Monica’s EYES AND INTO HER HEART, AND REPEAT AFTER ME?

I CAME HERE TODAY Monica, TO JOIN MY LIFE TO YOURS

I PLEDGE TO BE FAITHFUL TO YOU,

TO RESPECT YOU AND PROTECT YOU,

TO STAND FAITHFULLY BY YOUR SIDE IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH

NO MATTER WHAT WE MAY ENCOUNTER TOGETHER

I VOW HERE THAT THIS LOVE WILL BE MY ONLY LOVE.

PLEASE ACCEPT THIS RING AS A SYMBOL OF MY LOVE AND FIDELITY, I PROMISE TO LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU AL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE

Monica, WILL YOU LOOK INTO Benjamin’s EYES, AND INTO HIS HEART, AND REPEAT AFTER ME?

I CAME HERE TODAY Benjamin, TO JOIN MY LIFE TO YOURS

I PLEDGE TO BE FAITHFUL TO YOU,

TO RESPECT YOU AND PROTECT YOU,

TO STAND FAITHFULLY BY YOUR SIDE IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH

NO MATTER WHAT WE MAY ENCOUNTER TOGETHER

I VOW HERE THAT THIS LOVE WILL BE MY ONLY LOVE,

PLEASE ACCEPT THIS RING AS A SYMBOL OF MY LOVE AND FIDELITY, I PROMISE TO LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU AL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE

AFIRMING THAT THERE ARE NO REASONS WHY NOT TO CELEBRATE THIS UNION,

I DECLARE YOU HUSBAND AND WIFE.

Benjamin: you may kiss your bride!!!

This is the las caletas script. I love it & plan on using this with a few personalizations.

Entering of the Bride xxxxx and xxxxxx month xxth, 200x

We are here today to participate in a most joyous occasion; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the wedding of xxxxxx and xxxxxxxx.

Today xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxx proclaim their love to the world, and our joy and thoughts are with them.

Being assured of your love as life long companions, and that you have your families blessings, I now ask, who gives this women to be married to this man? Thank you xxxxxx.

Opening Blessing

xxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx, Family and Friends, I would like to welcome you to xxxxxxxx. Bienvinidos Todos….

By entering into this marriage, xxxxx and xxxxxxxx are stating publicly, the feelings, and commitments they have held privately between them. They are proclaiming their love for, their trust in and their loyalty to the one, they cherish above all others.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend. Love is one of the few constants in the universe. It is reality, affinity, and communication. Only love is capable of joining living beings by their deepest essence, uniting, completing, and fulfilling them.

Marriage is a symbol of the commitment, to create a lifelong partnership, based on love.

Before you are joined in marriage in my presence and before your witnesses, I am to remind you of the serious and binding nature of the relationship you are now about to enter. Are you both here of your own free will?

xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx would you please face each other and join your hands.

Vows

xxxxxxx, as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, xxxxxx. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am forever yours……faithfully.

xxxxxxxxx as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, xxxxxx, You too are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am forever yours……faithfully.

The Rings

The wedding ring, traditionally, is a symbol of the unbroken circle of love as it has neither a beginning nor an end. It should always remind those who wear it of the sacredness of marriage and the love that feeds it.

xxxxxxx and xxxx, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

These rings mark the beginning of a long journey together, wear them proudly, as they are symbols which speak of love that you have for each other….

xxxxxxx as you place this ring on xxxxxxxxx’s finger please repeat after me…

xxxxxxxx, I give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

xxxxx, if you accept please say I do…

xxxxxxxxx as you place this ring on xxxxxxxxxx’s finger, please repeat after me…

xxxxxxxxxx, I to give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

xxxxxxxxx, if you except, please say “I Do”.

Hand Blessing

xxxxxx, please hold xxxxxx’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.

And these are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

xxxxxxxxx would you please hold xxxxx’s hands palms up and take a good long look at the position of his hands, "because this is the last time you will have the upper hand".

These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.

And these are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams. Together as a team, everything you wish for can be realized.

Ladies and Gentlemen, xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxx have demonstrated in your presence today, their belief in their love, and their desire to live together in Holy Matrimony. If you also believe in their love, and wish to add your blessing on their marriage today, please respond now by saying……………WE DO

And are you all willing to sustain and strengthen this marriage, by giving xxxxx and xxxxxxxxxx the public commitment of your love and support, through all the ups and downs ahead of them…If you are willing, please say……….WE ARE

Pronouncement

Now that you have joined yourselves in matrimony, may you strive always to meet this commitment, with the same spirit you now are now shining. We all bear witness to this ceremony you have just performed, and this bond that has been formed today can be broken by none.

In the City of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mexico, as your officient today, month xxth, 200x you may now call yourselves by those old and respected names, Husband and Wife.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends

Mr. And Mrs. xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxx, you may kiss the bride………

This is what I have so far. I've been searching to forum & merging everything I love. I still have more personalizing to do. We'll probably change the vows together. I am getting so excited about the wedding!

Morgan and Michael

June 21, 2008

Opening

We are here today to participate in a most joyous occasion; to celebrate one of the greatest moments in life, by acknowledging the wedding of Morgan and Michael.

This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- The life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise, an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.

On behalf of Morgan and Michael, I welcome you and thank you all for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you all have travelled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have. Many of you have given them much happiness, love, warmth, and guidance through the various stages of their lives. They would like to sincerely thank you all for being here to celebrate their big day. A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.

I have also been asked by Morgan and Michael to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.

Ceremony

The marriage between Morgan and Michael does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration, of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.

Marriage has been described as living in love with your best friend. Love is one of the few constants in the universe. It is reality, affinity, and communication. Only love is capable of joining living beings by their deepest essence, uniting, completing, and fulfilling them.

You have chosen to walk through life together. There is no truer statement of love. The choice was not made by any one moment, but by being together you grew to realize that you belonged together and that you fulfilled each other’s needs. You have come to thrive upon each other’s presence, loyalty and wisdom. The foundation of your love is profound friendship. A friendship you have nurtured until at last you realized that you wanted to be together always. The commitment you make today will be the foundation on which you will build your life together.

Morgan and Michael would you please face each other and join your hands.

Vows

Morgan, as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, Michael. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am forever yours……faithfully.

Michael as I say these words, would you please repeat after me…

I love you, Morgan, You too are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I am forever yours……faithfully.

The Rings

Morgan and Michael, your rings are intimately associated with your intent to honor and treasure the vows you have made today. By exchanging rings, resolve to live your vows and not to let them drift in shallow promises. Believe and trust that the words you have spoken have the capacity to create the marriage, family and life of your dreams, and that the rings you exchange will have the power to return you to your vows.

Michael as you place this ring on Morgan’s finger please repeat after me…

Michael, I give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Morgan, if you accept please say I do…

Morgan as you place this ring on Michael’s finger, please repeat after me…

Mike, I to give you this ring, as a sign of our marriage, and a lasting reminder, of the vows made between us today. I give you this ring, as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.

Michael, if you except, please say “I Do”.

HAND CEREMONY

Morgan, please hold Michael’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.

And these are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Michael would you please hold Morgan’s hands palms up so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will hold you in joy, excitement and hope each time she tells you that you are to have another child; that together you have created new life.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.

And these are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams. Together as a team, everything you wish for can be realized.

Commitment of family and friends

Ladies and Gentlemen, Morgan and Michael have demonstrated in your presence today, their belief in their love, and their desire to live together in matrimony. If you also believe in their love, and wish to add your blessing on their marriage today, please respond now by saying……………WE DO

And are you all willing to sustain and strengthen this marriage, by giving Morgan and Michael the public commitment of your love and support, through all the ups and downs ahead of them…If you are willing, please say……….WE ARE

Pronouncement

Now that you have joined yourselves in marriage, may you strive always to meet this commitment, with the same spirit you now are now shining. We all bear witness to this ceremony you have just performed, and this bond that has been formed today can be broken by none.

In the City of Puerto Aventuras Mexico, as your officient today, July 21st, 2008 you may now call yourselves by those old and respected names, Husband and Wife.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Family and Friends

Mr. And Mrs. Michael xxxxxxxxxxx, you may kiss the bride………