BM planning on proposing during our wedding trip

tvt

So Joe's BM is planning on proposing to his GF right at the begining of our wedding trip.

Is this weird?

Part of me says it is, part of me says don't let it bother me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say no...but its your damn wedding trip and you deserve all of the spotlight! If he's going to do it, he should do it after your wedding. Thats my opinion. I don't mean to be so bitter, but I think you should have ALL of the attention...at least til after the big day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasAshli View Post
You can't control what he does so don't let it bother you. If he does
"steal the spotlight" it will only be for 5 minutes anyway. Everyone is there for you!!

At first I was like WTF, but then I thought about it the same way you said. No one there knows him. They are there for Joe and I so I don't think it would be that big of a deal. But then part of me still thinks it's odd.

ok tara here's both hands again for you.

if i were her, i would want my own special proposal week, (like mine was!) not want to share it with some other chicks wedding week.

but then again, a lot of people might go with the whole "its their vacation week too" bull shit, which i dont subscribe to. NONE of the guests would be at ANY of these locations if it werent for our invitations, so its not their vacation, its YOUR wedding week.

so wait, i guess both those things are on the same hand. but you know :)

i think it sucks. i mean she will be happy and excited, but will it trump your wedding? i dont think so. BUT, how "known" is she, like do A LOT of the guests know her? will they be freaking out good and bad over it? will it cause drama?

and either way you look at it, is BM asking you and joe's permisssion? or did he excitedly share the news with joe? i think that kinda makes a difference on what i would :)really think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
ok tara here's both hands again for you.

if i were her, i would want my own special proposal week, (like mine was!) not want to share it with some other chicks wedding week.

but then again, a lot of people might go with the whole "its their vacation week too" bull shit, which i dont subscribe to. NONE of the guests would be at ANY of these locations if it werent for our invitations, so its not their vacation, its YOUR wedding week.

so wait, i guess both those things are on the same hand. but you know :)

i think it sucks. i mean she will be happy and excited, but will it trump your wedding? i dont think so. BUT, how "known" is she, like do A LOT of the guests know her? will they be freaking out good and bad over it? will it cause drama?

and either way you look at it, is BM asking you and joe's permisssion? or did he excitedly share the news with joe? i think that kinda makes a difference on what i would :)really think
So how it came about... long story short BM asked FI to go ring shopping with him. FI asked when he was going to pop the question and BM said "in mexico". SO that is like two weeks ago. When FI told me I was PISSED. Since then I've calmed down.

So fast forward to tonight. FI and BM go ring shopping. BM says he's going to pop the question the day after the wedding - which is the same day they go home. FI says "that's dumb. then you propose and get on a plane to go home?" then BM says he also thought about doing it the first night but didn't want to steal our thunder. FI says "no biggie, everyone is there for tara and i anyway"

really no one going to the wedding knows this couple. SO I don't think it would steal much thunder. And while I'm not a big one for thunder being in my direction, it still kinda irks me. It's my wedding weekend for f's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
It would bother me big time. It is stealing your thunder. The week is all about you. The thing is that there is nothing you can do about it.
Very true. It's not like I'd say "don't propose"

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I do think it's kinda tacky. Are they staying for a few days after the DW? If so, I'd "suggest" to him that he do it a day after the wedding, instead of before, so that the limelight stays focused where it should - on YOU and DH!!!