Joshua Albanese Photography- WOW!!

When we decided to have a destination wedding we knew the location & scenery would be fabulous but we never expected the photographs to be so spectacular! They not only tell the story of our day, but they capture the love, spirit and emotion. I feel like I relive the day every time I look through them. The pictures highlight moments I remember and never want to forget, as well as all the fun things that went on that I didn’t even realize at the time.

Our photographer was Chicago based Joshua Albanese. I found him through another bride’s post here on the forum (http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...jamaica-45369/). The photos on the forum I saw inspired me to check out his website (Joshua Albanese Photography - Chicago's Premiere PhotographerGalleries). I fell in love with his unique, bold style and instantly trusted him to shoot our wedding.

We communicated by phone and email to make arrangements, since he lives in Chicago and my (then) fiancé and I live in Cincinnati. Joshua came to Cincinnati so that we could all meet in person. During that snowy day in February we took engagement photos and went out to dinner to get to know each other. I feel like we instantly hit it off as friends, which was great since I knew we’d be spending a lot of time together in Mexico! Also during this trip we took Boudoir photos, which Joshua put together into an amazing book as a wedding gift for my groom. I felt completely comfortable with him, he was so creative and professional, and I can hardly believe it’s me in the photos!

With so many things going on when we first arrived in Mexico we were a bit overwhelmed, to say the least! Joshua did a great job of tracking us down as soon as he arrived at the hotel. Although the contract we signed with him said that he would photograph our Welcome Dinner, Wedding Day and Trash The Dress, Joshua did so much more than this. He hit it off not only with us but with all of our guests. When we were playing at the pool Joshua was right there having fun with us, camera in hand. When we went on a snorkeling excursion Joshua came with us and took photos. He took photos the entire trip, something you definitely don’t get when you hire a resort photographer. We all danced the wedding night away at the disco and Josh was up at the crack of dawn the next morning with us to take photos on the beach before the speedos came out. We went to a cenote to take photos in a cave and Joshua was so adventurous, climbing cave walls to precisely place his flashes, all to capture the perfect shot.

Upon arriving home Joshua posted teaser photos for us within days, and he sent us a dvd with over 1100 photos from the trip, less than 2 months after the wedding. I feel like he took the time to get to know our personalities and capture the true essence in his photographs. The pictures are truly art, I have no idea where I’m going to put all of them- I want to print and frame every single one!

We loved the photos so much we wanted him to come to our at-home-reception next weekend to take pictures (or even as a guest, he’s so much fun!), but he was already booked for another wedding. Good news travels fast and I know he’s already receiving more destination wedding inquires, just based on the teaser photos he posted to my facebook page!

I am so glad we had the opportunity to work with Joshua. Our wedding was amazing but it was months ago already. The photos he took will make it last forever for us! I think the photos tell the rest of the story 

Contact me if you have specific questions; otherwise contact him to book your wedding!

Blog: Joshua Albanese Photography

Email: joshuaalbanese@gmail.com

We’ve been blogged!: Joshua Albanese Photography | Facebook

Click the image to open in full size.