Siggy Size Limits - PLEASE READ

we love seeing all your great siggies, especially the monthly theme pictures but are now implementing some size limitations to help keep this forum running smoothly.

1. your image should be no larger than 500 x 300 pixels. (1 image only)

this is the MAXIMUM size and we actually prefer smaller:

Click the image to open in full size.

2. you are allowed no more than 2 tickers in your sig (positioned one on top of the other, not next to each other)

3. you are only allowed to put links in your siggy that are: your wedding wedding website, your wedding review, your wedding pictures.

4. You are NOT allowed to link your business, a website you are promoting, etc. without a paid vendor membership.

5. if you post a vendor share (sharing photographer, videographer, etc.) you are allowed to post a link to their blog/site while you are looking for someone to share with. As soon as you find someone to share with or your wedding has passed this information must be removed.

so far that is it but these limits may change.

thanks for your understanding in this matter.

UPDATE 04/09/09 - the reason these limits are in effect is to allow us all to show some personality in our signatures, while not taking up too much space. Please change your siggy if it is too wide and stretches the screen. If a mod sees it, it will be deleted.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I use for re-sizing my photos. You install this, and then when you are looking at your pictures in your "my pictures" folder on your computer, you can right click on the photo and now resize image will be one of the options. You can also select your entire folder and re-size it. Very quick and easy.

Of course you can always re-size it in photobucket too, but this little tool is good for resizing the ones saved on your hard drive

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

on the column on the right, scroll down to find the one called " image resizer" and download it.

• 1 month later...

***HOW TO RIGHT CLICK ON A MAC***

Method 1: CTRL-Click

To get the same effect as right clicking, you can hold down the CTRL key while clicking with the mouse or trackpad.

Method 2: Two Finger Click on the Trackpad

If you go to the Mouse/Trackpad page in System Preferences, you can turn on "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click". This allows you to tap the trackpad with two fingers side by side (but with a space in between) to get the "right click" effect.

Mouse options

While you're in the Mouse system preferences, you might want to turn on two-finger scrolling as well.

• 5 months later...

Kathy your siggy size is fine.

To do the links like in my siggy, go to the page to configure your siggy.

First type the text you want it to say.

Second highlight all the text you want the link to apply to.

Then third click the little icon earth the earth and put the link source in there. It should work.

• 6 months later...

bump.gif please contact a mod if you see a siggy that is WAY too big. I have seen quite a few really large siggies.

You do not need to have multiple spaces between tickers/pictures, extra large font. Mods WILL change your siggy or just delete it if it does not fit with in the guidelines.

• 1 month later...

I have been noticing alot of siggy lately that aren't meeting our guidelines. Please read/reread Tammy's original post and make sure that your siggy meets the criteria. The mods will delete any that are over the allotted size.

Also notice that the limit on tickers is 3, and they are to be place on top of each other, not next to each other...