Not Having TTD Pics Done?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinamaria22 View Post
I decided not to.... i love them but its just not us.... I am keeping it real
Makes sense to me Christina...I just dont know what we're gonna do with all those pics honestly. Same reason i opted to not do BD pics..seems like a waste of money.

I know there are a lot of girls who didnt do them and REALLY wished they had. I haven't heard of anyone wishing they hadn't done them.

I was against BD but now I'm going to. Here at least the photogs dont cost so much so I don't have to spend so much on the shoot and its my gift for FI.

I just can't pass up TTD. I personally like TTD better than wedding pics ha! i know alot of girls have said they enjoyed the TTD way better than wedding photos. For us we're going to make books. I will definitely have some hung around the house. We want some sexy, but not over the top. Mostly just beautiful more artistic photos of us. When else would you have these kinds of photos done of each other? Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
I know there are a lot of girls who didnt do them and REALLY wished they had. I haven't heard of anyone wishing they hadn't done them.

I was against BD but now I'm going to. Here at least the photogs dont cost so much so I don't have to spend so much on the shoot and its my gift for FI.

I just can't pass up TTD. I personally like TTD better than wedding pics ha! i know alot of girls have said they enjoyed the TTD way better than wedding photos. For us we're going to make books. I will definitely have some hung around the house. We want some sexy, but not over the top. Mostly just beautiful more artistic photos of us. When else would you have these kinds of photos done of each other? Never!
And thats the flip side of it :.( Its most likely a once in a lifetime deal, not sure that I wont regret it in the end....dang girl! LOL! Such good points!

I was not going to BD but some of the girls recently changed my mind.

What I like about TTD is they are much more artistic and I love that kind of thing. I would love to have beautiful photos of us to hang around the house, that are the normal posed photos. You don't have to be super sexy or anything. I can see not really wanting the sexy sexy cause then only you would be looking at them, you wouldn't make a book to go on your coffee table. And you don't have to just beach pictures. Alot of girls have done jungle, caves, or even in the street of town!

but ultimately its your decision, whether i be budget, not comfortable or what not. What does FI think? Joe doesn't care what we do and since I want them we are going to do them. He kind of likes the idea cause he doesn't care to stand there and smile for posed photos all day. We're really looking for photos that capture the moment and aren't set up. of course there will be a few, but mostly we're wanting the ones that capture our love for one another

I'm a past bride who didn't do either of these when I should have. I didn't do BD pics BEFORE my wedding & didn't do a TTD session either, but will have both of these things done post-wedding!

I just did my BD pics & plan to give those to DH for our anniversary. We had always planned on going back to ROR for our 1 year anniversary. Well we went on a cruise for our actual anniversary but we're going back to ROR with a group of family & friends in June.

So it will be there that I will give him the BD album.

While I wouldn't say I totally regret not having a TTD session, I've always thought about it so I talked him into potentially getting TTD pics done in June as well. And while I won't be trashing "the dress" I can still get something that will do just as well & I like the idea of having sexy beach pics with just the 2 of us.

So all of this is to say that you don't necessarily have to do all of this before your wedding. You have the option of doing some things later, especially if you plan on taking anniversary trips or just vacations in general. KWIM?

I wasn't going to bother with it because I also thought it was a waste of $$$. Then I changed my mind when I saw my friends TTD photos. She got married in Mexico and I attended. She showed me her TTD pics last month, absolutely gorgeous! The next week I booked a session with my phootgrapher. I think the key to making them look really great, is just be natural. Don't over do it, and they will come out amazing.

I have to agree that you can do them later. One of the girls on here is doing them for her 1st anniversary when they go back. She's always regretted doing them and thought maybe it was too late, but I don't think so. I think she is planning on taking her actual dress back but you could do a new dress. Or I convinced one of my friends who had a winter wedding to do a TTD out in the woods w/ the snow and the pics were fabulous. If you had a special place back home you could do it there too