Hey, wanted to try and start a thread for all of us travelling to Riviera Maya in January 2011.

What stages are we all at?

Have you chosen the resort and hotel?

Why January?

Only 10 months to go......

I will be travelling from the UK to get married at the Catalonia Riviera Maya on 24 Jan 2011.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Josie-

We are getting married at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on January 22nd!

So far I have my dress, save the dates are designed (not sent out yet) and that's about it! We are waiting on our hotel rates to go down before sending out the STD's so that our guests don't get sticker shock.

Today my sister and I went BM dress shopping and I think I found the dress. What do you think of it?

Bridesmaids : Style 1209 From AllureBridals.com

Originally I was planning on a fuschia/magenta dress and have orange and fuschia be our color scheme. This dress comes in a pretty hot pink, but I am loooving this aqua color. I think it would look nice with orange bouquets.

What are your colors going to be? I'd love to hear what you have planned so far :o)

-Tara

Hi there, we´re travelling from spain (via manchester) to playa del carmen in january, getting married at the riu tequila. have not sorted a single thing out yet! going shopping with my mum on tuesday to look at wedding and bm dress for my daughter...... so excited!!!! never been to mexico, i can´t wait!

joanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Hi Josie-

We are getting married at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo on January 22nd!

So far I have my dress, save the dates are designed (not sent out yet) and that's about it! We are waiting on our hotel rates to go down before sending out the STD's so that our guests don't get sticker shock.

Today my sister and I went BM dress shopping and I think I found the dress. What do you think of it?

Bridesmaids : Style 1209 From AllureBridals.com

Originally I was planning on a fuschia/magenta dress and have orange and fuschia be our color scheme. This dress comes in a pretty hot pink, but I am loooving this aqua color. I think it would look nice with orange bouquets.

What are your colors going to be? I'd love to hear what you have planned so far :o)

-Tara
Hey, i love that dress. We were originally going to have fuschia pink but we have decided on turquoise/aqua blue and gold. Your girls will look great. Is that your wedding dress as well?

I havent done much planning yet but we have the hotel booked we booked in Nov when the prices came out as here in the UK we have to go through a TA and there is no movement on prices. We have the date of 24th Jan. I have ordered my dress (i only did this on Thurs) and it will take about 10 weeks to make. I didnt send any STD as we are coming from the UK its quite expensive we just asked all our close friends and family. We have 18 coming inc me and FI. I cant belive it is April already and the time is going by so quickly. Will be great to keep each other up to date with all our plans. Look forward to chatting

Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
Hi there, we´re travelling from spain (via manchester) to playa del carmen in january, getting married at the riu tequila. have not sorted a single thing out yet! going shopping with my mum on tuesday to look at wedding and bm dress for my daughter...... so excited!!!! never been to mexico, i can´t wait!
joanna
Hello - and a fellow UK bride. You will love Mexico we have only been once before me and me FI went in May 2007 and loved it. Hence the reason we are going back and getting married there.
How many of you will be travelling there?
Looking forward to hearing all your plans and chatting. Happy planning.
Let us know how you get on withyour dress shopping.

I'm getting married Jan 9, 2011 at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach in Jamaica. We chose January because my FI will be done school in Dec so it's pretty much the earliest we could get married, and the beginning of Jan is a fairly cheap time to travel (compared to the rest of the season). The pricing hasn't come out yet so we haven't booked the flights, resort, etc but we were able to secure the date with the resort; will have to wait about 1-2 mos to see what the prices will be. We sent out our STD's this past Jan and once we get the confirmed price, we'll out the formal invites. I've also already bought and ordered my dress and booked a photographer. I'm getting anxious though...I just want the pricing so I can book things!!!!!!!!!

Hi We are getting married Jan 5, 2011 at the ROR. We chose that date because I am a teacher and next year we will have the week after New years off still. I feel like I have nothing done. We chose our colours, BM will wear aqua or some type of bright blue, and then we will have orange and fushia hints. I have our save the dates almost done but still have to print them off. and get them out hopefully this week. And my son's little outfit, I just got from Old navy this week, they had a great sale and linen pants, and cute little shirts. So I feel a little overwhelmed with all the stuff I still have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbmach View Post
I'm getting anxious though...I just want the pricing so I can book things!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. I think the reason you and I are in the same boat is that we're both at Iberostars.

The TA I spoke with told me that he knows one of the U.S. Ibersotar reps and that they should have rates out any day now! They are waiting to sign contracts with tour operators like Funjet and Apple.

Our Iberostar has rates out, but they are "rack rates" meaning that they are sky high since no tour operators discounted them yet. Just to give you an idea, I was originally given an estimate of around 1596 for a week with airfare, and the rates as of right now are over 2100.

I will be sure to let you know as soon as I get rates. :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Hey, i love that dress. We were originally going to have fuschia pink but we have decided on turquoise/aqua blue and gold. Your girls will look great. Is that your wedding dress as well?

I havent done much planning yet but we have the hotel booked we booked in Nov when the prices came out as here in the UK we have to go through a TA and there is no movement on prices. We have the date of 24th Jan. I have ordered my dress (i only did this on Thurs) and it will take about 10 weeks to make. I didnt send any STD as we are coming from the UK its quite expensive we just asked all our close friends and family. We have 18 coming inc me and FI. I cant belive it is April already and the time is going by so quickly. Will be great to keep each other up to date with all our plans. Look forward to chatting
I love your BM dresses, Josie! They scream Mexico to me -- in a good way :)

To answer your question, no, that's not my wedding dress in the picture. Here's my wedding dress. . .

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's a sideview; you can see the beading detail a bit better:

And last but not least, here's a pic with my veil:

I got an amazing deal on the dress. It's a sample, so it needs to be altered a lot. There's some serious clip action going on in the back of the dress in these pics.

I can't wait to see your dress when you get it. How exciting! Please share :)