Azul Hotel and Beach Resort

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to the hotel - but I think it looks fantastic! It would definitly be one of my top picks, but FI squashed it, because although he loved that it was a smaller resort - he was afraid it was too small and we would run the risk of not having everyone book into it (there is the potential that we may have 100+ people)

But in my opinion, it looks lovely, and I love Karisma hotels - and the options they offer for weddings!

Thanks guys,

Its just so hard to choose a great destination, we are coming from the uk and it will cost about $3000 for two weeks per person so i don't think that too many people will go anyway (bless me!!) so i think the fact it is small might make it quite nice.

How did you chose the right destination?

The Azul Hotel and Beach Resort was my first choice. We decided against it because of the cost for our guests. It was just going to be too expensive for them. However, what I loved about it is that it IS small, they only do one wedding a day. It is more like a boutique hotel, but also gives you the convenience of all-inclusive. Have you gone on tripadviser.com to check it out? I read a ton of reviews there and saw visitors' personal pictures. It looks AMAZING! The only thing is if you're looking for night life, you probably will have to travel into Playa or Cancun, as Puerto Morelos is a more of a secluded and sleepy village.

My fiance and I fell in-love with Azul! However, we decided against it for two reasons: 1. The staff was not prompt at getting back to us on numerous occasions and 2. We did not feel comfortable with having our wedding at Azul after reading about it on tripadvisor.com.

When we finally sent our last email to inform them of the bad press on tripadvisor.com and explain to them why we were deciding against the hotel AND to hopefully help the staff create a better environment (because the hotel looks AMAZING online) for future guests. A staff member emailed me back and apologized for the recent problems that the hotel had and hoped that we would consider spending an anniversary at the hotel since I explained that we were not willing to take the risk of a bad experience on our wedding day. Hopefully they will improve things...when they do we will def. visit!!!

I hope this is not too negative......

GOOD LUCK!!

Emily, I also loved these resorts, but decided against them because of the costs for guests. It's really important for me that the people I want to come can afford to come without really putting them out, so I'm trying to pick a more affordable place.

That's why I came to the Grand Palladium Kantenah or the Barcelo Maya Colonial... Very affordable. But now I am rethinking those because I'm worried they will not be that special for my guests, who, as you say, are already paying the huge flight cost from England, so maybe I should just pick a lovely resort for them to enjoy when they get there!

Either way, I think that if cost is not an issue, these resorts would absolutely be a definite winner for me.

(By the way... interested in a boudoir session in September with Leigh in London?)

Hiya magsie,

You are so right, i think we are going to knock the Azul on the head as my boyf sis is a single mum with two young boys and for her to go it will cost almost £5000, that is crazy money, the elder boy who will be 10 at the time and has to pay a £1700 adult price, madness.

Looking into a few more ideas now, god help me!!!!

PS September sounds awesome, girls night for me!!!!!!!

xx

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...