Moving 350 miles south to LA 6 weeks before our wedding?!?! Nervous breakdown NOW!

Well ladies- everything has been super smooth sailing all through the planning of this wedding. I even put off some of our DIY projects until June so I could get excited and in the mood.

As of Friday last week, my life has been turned completely upside down. Let me start off by saying, it is a really good thing. FI got a job at a fab LA firm! It is such a great opportunity- HOWEVER- the timing of it is truly horrible.

To start, our budget was already super super tight w/ the upcoming wedding. And they want him to start June 1. SO..... that means that next weekend we are driving to LA in separate cars to find a place to live (hotel room for a couple of nights while we look $$), then god willing, we do find a place, we have to put down 1st month rent and deposit- $$$$$$$. I give 30 days notice on our current place, so we are paying rent at two places for the month. I have to leave FI in LA, come back up, pack our apartment, take care of our dog, all while I'm used to having FI for support because I have a 40 mile each way commute each day. (SO happy to leave that!) AND we have to pay 150 per person to change our flights to leave from LA to Cancun....

I was so looking forward to cruising through June, focusing on working out, finishing up DIY projects etc..... Now I may not have a job for awhile, packing the apt alone.....I've cried so many times this weekend- tears of joy, fear, excitement, so many emotions!!! I don't even know what to do.

Thank you so much for listening ladies- I love that I can always come to you all for support and advice. This wedding is going to be the biggest vacation I've ever had!!

If anyone lives in LA and can offer any advice, I would appreciate it SO SO SO SO Much!! FI is working in Brentwood, and we are looking to live in West Hollywood or Santa Monica area. But this is purely off of internet searching. We have only been there a few times for small weekend trips- it is SO nervewracking to try and find a place where you don't know! SCREEEEEAAAMMM!!!! Oh, and on top of it all, I have a feeling that the crying breaks were def pms.gif!!

Jannae- I wish I had some great advice for you, but try to remember that you can only control what you can control and everything happens for a reason. You can still focus on the wedding planning and working out because you can control those things, but you cannot control the types of places you find to live etc. All you can do is look and hope something falls into place, other than that you should put too much stress on yourself about the things that you truly cannot do anything about. You guys will be okay, just try to stay strong and positive and remember you are almost a month away from the best day of your life! We are all here to help in ANY way we can so let us know what we can do!

Jannae- I can't even imagine what you're giong through right now. Wish there was something I could do but unlikely seeing as I'm in Massachusetts...as Lindsey said, continue to work out and do things for you! You deserve it! Can't wait to hear about the house search...oh, and what kind of dog do you have?

Jannae- I’m sorry you have to go through this one month before your wedding! I wish I could help but I am in PA. My FI and I JUST finished moving into a new house. We bought a new house on 3/10 and finally finished repairs on the old house and moving all our stuff into the new house. And finally got the old house on the market last Friday. I only moved 30 minutes away, but I can understand how stressed you probably are. Moving is a lot of work, but just remember how great it will feel in a 6 weeks being in LA with your new hubby with his sweet new job! Just take one day at a time and every thing will be fine!

WOW, you've got a lot going on! But look at it this way..... it's all for the better! I know its super stressful right now, but in the long run its definitely worth it, and you'll barely remember the stress you endured! Just stay organized and try not sweat the little things too much (although those always seem to be the things that put me over the edge when I'm stressed lol). Good luck!!

I wish I could help -- but just remember, while this may seem INCREDIBLY stressful, it's an amazing point in your life. You are young, starting your life together and no one said it would be easy! Just think about the positives, and that you are experiencing this great big move together! It's a journey -- and really, your first one as newlyweds (soon to be!)

All the best! :) I hope you find a place, I'm sure you will!

Oh my goodness, it seems that this is the way life goes...just grip the horns and hold on tight, you will make it through this!! I would be exactly the same as you right now!! You obviosly know that this is the best thing to do for your family but it's just bad timing. Right after everything settles down you will look back and think about how it wasn't as crazy as it seemed. We are here for you at all if you need to vent!! :)

Jannae!! Im sorry youre soo stressed and feeling overwhelmed, you just have to remember that this is the next step in both of your lives and you guys are in this crazy journey together. It will all work out, no matter how hectic it may seem at the moment. And look at it this way, YOULL BE CLOSER TO ME!!! hehehehe Just keep reminding yourself that you are a fabulous person and you guys will have an amazing life together after all this craziness is over with!