Another Mexico...The Hacienda Wedding (updated post!)

Hola! As a photographer located in Mexico I have been enormously blessed in having the opportunity to photograph in the most varied of locations, from beaches and 500 year old churches, to what may be my favorite of all locations.... MEXICO'S HACIENDAS. The haciendas are very historic and played a major role in Mexico's past, many have been restored into amazing venues perfect for an unforgettable destination wedding.

Click the image to open in full size.

610_emedina_05.jpg

Many of the amazing haciendas where I have photographed are local to me in the Yucatan Peninsula, and include, Hacienda UayamonHacienda Santa Rosa Hacienda San Jose Hacienda Temozon This group of haciendas is operated by Starwood Resorts  An authentic Mayan Xaman performs a traditional Mayan wedding blessing.

657_emedina_blog_17.jpg

Cody and KY, Hacienda Uayamon, Elizabeth Medina Photography

Monica and Francisco Hacienda Temozon, Elizabeth Medina Photography

Magdelana and Eno, Hacienda San Jose, Elizabeth Medina Photography

emedina_blog_634_12.jpg
I have also had the honor of travelling to photograph weddings throughout Mexico in places as incredible as the Hacienda Las Trancas near San Miguel de Allende Mexico I love this hacienda!  You can find information here, www.haciendalastrancas.com home page

605_emedina_blog_31.jpg

Ken and Julie, Hacienda Las Trancas, Mexico, Elizabeth Medina Photography

Jessica and Juan, Hacienda Las Trancas, Elizabeth Medina Photography

One wedding we will never forget was a one-of-a-kind fairy tale wedding at the Hacienda Casa Grande in the state of Hidalgo Mexico.

As a resident of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico I can't help but be proud to mention some of my city's incredible haciendas. Unlike some of the more "touristy" resort destinations, Yucatan has a vibrant and real culture all its own. And lets not forget the Yucatecan cuisine and of course the cerveza which could easily be the topic of a whole separate article! There could be no better location than this for a destination wedding or just a one of a kind photo session.

657_emedina_blog_34.jpg

The Hacienda Xcanatun is an upscale boutique hotel which is second to none as a venue for an intimate destination wedding.

649_05.jpg

649_16.jpg

Lolita and Zachary, Hacienda Xcanatun, Merida, Yucatan, Elizabeth Medina Photography

The Hacienda Chichi Suarez is a magnificently scaled hacienda which has been the site of some of my favorite Yucatan hacienda weddings to date. 

emedina_629_3.jpg

emedina_blog_639_20.jpg

I hope this little post helps anyone who is looking for a historic wedding location south of the border and a little bit off the beaten path. There are many more hacienda photographs on my blog and website which I hope can give a little idea of how special the Haciendas truly are. Saludos and happy wedding planning!

Elizabeth

Click the image to open in full size.

emedina_blog_643_12.jpg

Hacienda Uayamon Elizabeth Medina Photography
 All images © 2007-2010 Elizabeth Medina

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabeth, out of curiosity, how expensive are these weddings? They are amazing. I frequent your blog because I feel like I am in a dream viewing all those weddings. They are amazing! (oops, said that twice!)

Hi Amy, Thank you for looking at my blog! love.gif I also feel like I am in a dream photographing them! And it is amazing that people do write and tell me that they discovered hacienda weddings through my photographs, and plan to be married in a hacienda. I feel like I have done a little tiny good deed for my adopted country. embarrest.gif To answer your question, I do not think that hacienda weddings are relatively expensive weddings, that is not the impression I have at all...and there are small haciendas that can be absolutely inexpensive. Many people seem to just have the event at the hacienda and most of the guests stay offsite, so that gives flexibility I think.. I think the extra expense to a non resort location can be in tranportation, there are fewer flights to non-resort destinations so they can be more expensive. Thank you!

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina View Post
Mikkistreak, that would be incredible! If I can help you with information let me know!
Elizabeth, curious---- have you done weddings in the Cooper Canyon region? That's another region of Mexico that Frank and I think is absolutely gorgeous!